Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think a fight is brewing with my downstairs neighbors

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I was smoking a cigarette outside on my balcony and hear the guy comment your cigarette stinks. So I can't see him but I said sorry shut your door. The other night me and DH were outside smoking and he says those assholes are smoking again. I swear this guy makes one more comment I'm going to go off and him. I'm trying to quit. Vent over.....
Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

kaysha
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2012 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Ignore him. It's not like your standing in his doorway. Your on your balcony. He is rude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM
I OWN my house. So I should cater to a renter who wants to poison himself on his doorstep instead? How does that sound fair? I should be able to air out MY house without worrying about second hand smoke.

Quoting manicMOM_DLC:

probably should live withing close proximity of a smoke then.  smokers hsouldn't have cater to neighbors wants when they pay rent there to.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

I dislike when people smoke where I have to close my doors/windows. I shouldn't be exposed to YOUR bad habit because you don't care enough to keep it where it's not blowing into my house.

I don't say rude shit to the people doing it, but it does piss me off.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kenre
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM
You can smoke where you like at your place. I would just ask that you warn me so I can shut my window for the ten minutes it takes. I do ask the fifteen year old to not walk near my apartment when smoking. I tell him to smoke on the sidewalk or at his apartment on the other side.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miss_lisa
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:59 PM
If you don't like hearing them bitch about it then too bad.

If you can be an inconsiderate douche then they can be rude assholes. You complaining about them when your own behavior is no better just make you a hypocrite.

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. Going to keep smoking on the balcony. If they don't like it too bad.

Quoting miss_lisa:

And you can't walk away from the building if you smoke out front?

Quoting Anonymous:

The balcony is on the back of our apartment. I think it's pisses them off because the neighbors across from us smoke too. The other spot is right above there door. On Christmas Day I came home and found a pile of butts on my doorstep half of them weren't even our brand.

Quoting miss_lisa:

Is the balcony the entrance to your apartment? Or is there a front door?

My DH walks out and away from our building when he smokes because he understands that it is RUDE to force others to deal with his bad habits.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe I should just smoke inside with the kids. That way I'm not bothering the neighbors.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

I dislike when people smoke where I have to close my doors/windows. I shouldn't be exposed to YOUR bad habit because you don't care enough to keep it where it's not blowing into my house.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 11:03 PM

What about when someone owns there house though, can they be allowed to smoke outside since they are paying a mortgage and property tax?

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

I OWN my house. So I should cater to a renter who wants to poison himself on his doorstep instead? How does that sound fair? I should be able to air out MY house without worrying about second hand smoke.

Quoting manicMOM_DLC:

probably should live withing close proximity of a smoke then.  smokers hsouldn't have cater to neighbors wants when they pay rent there to.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I said the smokers how about you learn to read. 

Drinking isnt any better when people drive and drink, get drunk and rape women and beat children, or neglect their kids for the bottom of that barrel now is it? 

I want everyone who drinks shipped off to a desert island it offends me and i find it rude. 

I also want everyone who allows there dog to shit on other peoples properties to loose there dog because that offends me and i find it rude! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Drinking is better you can slowly kill yourself and I don't have to smell poison!  And i think the smokers should be the one on an island by themselves!

Quoting Anonymous:

*cough* HER HOUSE *cough* 

You do realize it takes about well 10 minutes to smoke a cigarette, not even, and even if you walk away the person would still be able to smell the smoke. 

Better get that desert island to ship us all off to so you cant smell our cigarette smoke, but hey lets keep letting people drink because thats alot better. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You need to get off your ass and go away from your house to smoke,  it is inconsiderate when it is a nice day or night people should be able to have their windows and doors open for fresh air,  not poison!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 11:16 PM

You are too stupid to argue with anymore,  have a great night!

Quoting Anonymous:

I said the smokers how about you learn to read. 

Drinking isnt any better when people drive and drink, get drunk and rape women and beat children, or neglect their kids for the bottom of that barrel now is it? 

I want everyone who drinks shipped off to a desert island it offends me and i find it rude. 

I also want everyone who allows there dog to shit on other peoples properties to loose there dog because that offends me and i find it rude! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Drinking is better you can slowly kill yourself and I don't have to smell poison!  And i think the smokers should be the one on an island by themselves!

Quoting Anonymous:

*cough* HER HOUSE *cough* 

You do realize it takes about well 10 minutes to smoke a cigarette, not even, and even if you walk away the person would still be able to smell the smoke. 

Better get that desert island to ship us all off to so you cant smell our cigarette smoke, but hey lets keep letting people drink because thats alot better. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You need to get off your ass and go away from your house to smoke,  it is inconsiderate when it is a nice day or night people should be able to have their windows and doors open for fresh air,  not poison!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 11:22 PM

you're an inconsiderate asshole

numonestunar
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM
My ex was a pot smoker and would put it under the mat outside, I didn't want it inside. We lived in an apt...about a month after I kicked him out the neighbor kids stole the mat.. I came home to find a bag of weed at my door. Lmao!!

Quoting Anonymous:

The balcony is on the back of our apartment. I think it's pisses them off because the neighbors across from us smoke too. The other spot is right above there door. On Christmas Day I came home and found a pile of butts on my doorstep half of them weren't even our brand.

Quoting miss_lisa:

Is the balcony the entrance to your apartment? Or is there a front door?

My DH walks out and away from our building when he smokes because he understands that it is RUDE to force others to deal with his bad habits.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe I should just smoke inside with the kids. That way I'm not bothering the neighbors.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)