Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think a fight is brewing with my downstairs neighbors

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I was smoking a cigarette outside on my balcony and hear the guy comment your cigarette stinks. So I can't see him but I said sorry shut your door. The other night me and DH were outside smoking and he says those assholes are smoking again. I swear this guy makes one more comment I'm going to go off and him. I'm trying to quit. Vent over.....
Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Replies (51-57):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on May. 11, 2012 at 11:36 PM
Maybe you should keep your disgusting habit to yourselves, go smoke in your car, away from your neighbors and your kids.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe I should just smoke inside with the kids. That way I'm not bothering the neighbors.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

I dislike when people smoke where I have to close my doors/windows. I shouldn't be exposed to YOUR bad habit because you don't care enough to keep it where it's not blowing into my house.

I don't say rude shit to the people doing it, but it does piss me off.
manicMOM_DLC
by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:42 PM

it doesn't, but to tell someone else they can't smoke on their porch isn't fair either/

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

I OWN my house. So I should cater to a renter who wants to poison himself on his doorstep instead? How does that sound fair? I should be able to air out MY house without worrying about second hand smoke.

Quoting manicMOM_DLC:

probably should live withing close proximity of a smoke then.  smokers hsouldn't have cater to neighbors wants when they pay rent there to.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

I dislike when people smoke where I have to close my doors/windows. I shouldn't be exposed to YOUR bad habit because you don't care enough to keep it where it's not blowing into my house.

I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

-DLC

luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM
That's what u get when u live in apartments.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM
And you throw your butts on the lawn?

Quoting Anonymous:

The balcony is on the back of our apartment. I think it's pisses them off because the neighbors across from us smoke too. The other spot is right above there door. On Christmas Day I came home and found a pile of butts on my doorstep half of them weren't even our brand.

Quoting miss_lisa:

Is the balcony the entrance to your apartment? Or is there a front door?

My DH walks out and away from our building when he smokes because he understands that it is RUDE to force others to deal with his bad habits.

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe I should just smoke inside with the kids. That way I'm not bothering the neighbors.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WaitingOnPeanut
by on May. 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Ehh.. :\ I understand what you mean. My neighbors & I fight over dog poop lol. I don't have a dog & I don't want my son playing in shit & yet my neighbors think our front & back yard is their personal dog poop chute. The way I see it, you pay the same amount to live there. You have as much right to sit on your porch as they do. Just don't let your dog poop on their balcony, 'cause then I'll have to disagree lol. :P 

MumsTheWord571
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 12:06 AM
But the point is- I haven't. When my neighbors carelessly smoke where their smoke blows into my house I nicely close the doors & windows. Am I upset about it? Yep. Do I get rude? No. I was simply being honest that it pisses me off so the OP can see another side to it.

Quoting manicMOM_DLC:

it doesn't, but to tell someone else they can't smoke on their porch isn't fair either/

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

I OWN my house. So I should cater to a renter who wants to poison himself on his doorstep instead? How does that sound fair? I should be able to air out MY house without worrying about second hand smoke.

Quoting manicMOM_DLC:

probably should live withing close proximity of a smoke then.  smokers hsouldn't have cater to neighbors wants when they pay rent there to.

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Ummm..why don't you just quit your nasty ass habit?! Don't you know your kids still get the after affects of your smoke troll?????

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)