Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of this s***???

Posted by   + Show Post
Lately, there have been quite a few posts about "show off" this, brag about your income and net worth blah blah blah...

How do you guys feel about such posts?? I feel they encourage a lot of lying, in the end making people feel bad they don't earn "that" much etc.
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Replies (21-25):
misskimi78
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:54 PM
It doesn't bother me too much. I love to hear about other people's success. I just hate when they bash on lower income families and insinuate we are mediocre parents because of it. But hearing their stories sure makes my goals feel achievable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:55 PM

If you looked at allot of the mama's that posted allot of them owned their own biz and that is where allot of the income that were big came from.

I don't feel bad I think it is awesome when a family is doing well, allot of them worked hard for it and I am one of those who are working on my education to enjoy a nice retirement for me and my hubby.

I don't think you should take offense to it I think it should motivate you to strive for better. It is out there and you can succeed as can we all.

Hubby and I do well but we work hard but we work hard for things that we do have and we spend our tax return on things that are going to either give us a liquid asset if we NEEDED IT. Or something that we will have for years to come.

Hubby and I do buy somethings name brand but I will tell you Gucci and Versache and LV is not in my wardrobe. We do buy Nike and Arizona jeans and so forth but only because they last the boys a long time they are better quality and usually I am handing them down rather then throwing them away. 

I seen allot of moms doing things like throwing money into credit card debt.

I don't use a credit card I don't even own one. I learned early on, CASH or we don't buy it is as simple as that.

It has saved us tons of money by not using check loans,car loans,credit cards. We have no money going out besides I have a truck payment that I did not use my credit to buy just a lump sum of money down and no interest.

Hubby and I did NOT take a 30 year loan for our home it is 5 years loan we found a nice piece of property that had a mobile home already set on a perm foundation and I have plenty of space to build or add whatever I want on it. 

And it will be mine in a short amount of time.

I do not ever plan on being in a 30 yr mortgage again I feel trapped and I don't like spending 30 years in one home to be honest and selling it takes to much time and hassel and allot of times some realistate agent is getting my money I put into it. My truck will be paid off in November. And that is all the debt I have. I have front loader washer and dryer but I paid that with my refund again something that will last us for awhile and that isn't being paid in interest.

It isn't only about making excellent money it also about staying out of debt and buying things that you need rather then blowing your money on filing your closet with name brand things , yes it may appear to look good for other people, move out of town no one cares what you have out there.

Grumpylilpixy
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Sorry about the book!

Schleetle
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM
I haven't really noticed many of them so I guess they don't amuse, or bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
samirahk
by on May. 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Lmao. That's so immature!

Quoting Derari:

Quoting samirahk:

Lol I agree. I feel like it does forces a lot of women to lie

Once a few weeks back someone posted how much money do you have access too...God Lord women were rattling off onto the hundreds of thousands, and remember the exact change too :) full of shit is all I thought.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)