Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I was at the store with my dd she is two months old and i was talking to her as she stared and smiled at me when this women walked by and told me you know she cant understand i didnt. Know what to say so i just walked away

What would you do
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM
Replies (11-18):
tifbrown
by on May. 12, 2012 at 3:10 PM
What a douche. I talked to my kids all the time when they were tiny babies. Hell, I even talk to my dogs like they understand me... Because they do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MisterandMe
by Alyssa on May. 12, 2012 at 3:13 PM

My daughter is almost three months and I talk to her all day. I talk to her in the stores too and people look at me like I am crazy. But I don't care she loves it when I talk to her.

ProudMommy_1034
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Talk to my DD about people who didnt learn how to mind their own business . Loud enough for the lady to hear . Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Do nothing. I talked to my babies all the time. Keep talking to them. 

blueeyedpixie
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM
My DD is 1 now but I always talk to her everywhere I go... That's how they learn! So are we just not supposed to talk to them until they start talking?? lol wow some people....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Quoting dorkish_face:

Continue to talk to my kid. Obviously she doesn't understand conversation is stimulating for a kid.

ack86
by on May. 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM
I would have said "I don't care if she can understand me or not. She is my baby and I will talk to her as much as I want to." I think they do begin to understand because of the way they react to certain things you say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleacorn
by on May. 12, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Give her a look that shows what a dumb f**k I think she is and say "And how do you suppose she'll LEARN the language?"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured