Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

More Than One Birth Father Is Trashy

I actually had someone tell me this the other day.

My 7 year old twins are not my DH's (biologically....but in every other way, they are his) and DH and I have a DD together. We were at the park and someone commented on how different my twins look than my DD. I said that DD favor's my husband more than me and the twins favor me more. The lady then pipped up and said that DS doesn't look like me that much, to which my sister told her that they have different birth father's than my youngest DD. The lady looked at me all disgusted and said "Well, that's just trashy.

My twins will be 8 in July, DD will be 3 in August. There is exactly 5 years, 1 month and 1 day between the twins (who are boy/girl) and YDD. I don't think they look that different, do you?

Check out my blog The Mommy Chronicles

Like us on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter @MomyChronicles

by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM
Replies (241-250):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM

i agree completely. DS's dad died a few years ago, it was 18 months atleast before i met my now DF. We dont have children together yet, but are planning to in a few more years when we're more stable. I dont think its trashy at all.

OP:Sorry you had to deal with such a judgemental asshole!

Quoting Aadensma:

They can do both at the same time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Im not the anon you were responding to, but yea, i think if your childrens father dies or leaves, women need to focus on raising their kids, not trying find a replacement daddy...

Quoting Aadensma:

So women should stop having children if their SO leaves them or dies?

Quoting Anonymous:

more than one birth father is trashy imo

snakesNsnails
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:37 PM

they are adorable and they all look alike!!!

AlyBren
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Onoez.

I adopted DD as a single mom, DH is in the process of adopting her. I guess we're trashy because she has a different biological father. And heaven's to betsy, we're ultra trash now, since we're putting in the paperwork to adopt again soon, and thinking about having one biological child. And are hoping for a large family thru adoption. Oh lawd, we're trashy, if we have even just 2 kids by adoption and one by birth, that's 3 kids with 3 different gene pools in the house.

We might as well go invest in the Shady Acres trailer park and some broken appliances as lawn ornaments.

Dardenella
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:45 PM

They look happy to me and to me that is the most defining charactoristic.

heathermichelle
by Heather on May. 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM
Oh well I'm trashy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaysha
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Guess I'm in this "trashy" club then. The baby I'm pregnant with has a different daddy than my other 3 kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM
It CAN be, but isn't in all cases. If you have 4 kids with 4 men and never had more than a one night stand with any of them, yeah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xomrsweaver
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM
All my kids have one father but Wow! I would have said a mouthful to that bitch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chunkyhoney78
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I would have told to mind her own damn business. I have 3 boys 2 same dad and my youngest has a different dad my oldest is 16 my middle son is 14 and my youngest is 22 months old. I left my ex years ago and was single for a while then met my DH and fell in love again never thought I would ever love another man again after the way my ex treated me. Im so glad I met my DH and thankful for the chance to have another child my children are a blessing in every way. All children are blessings!

Erina84
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:07 PM
Wow. Too bad her mother didn't teach her any manners! It's trashy to insult strangers! Seriously though, forget it and focus on the fact that you have three beautiful children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)