Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why is circumsizing... (i know dead horse but im curious) *edit*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 104 Replies
1 mom liked this
Such a big deal? I don't understand why other women think they need to be involved in whati do with my sons penis? I am pg with a boy right now and is asked Df what he wanted to do he said we are going to do it. Which is fine with me because that's just what I always thought we would do. So why can't it just be to each his own when deciding what to do with our children? None of us on here have a penis, so why do we have to be so involved in a discussion about something we don't have to go through?

* I just want to say thank you to the women that understand what this was about. The to each their own. I have no reason to criticize someone else's parenting or to call them a bad mom because they do something different than I do. As long as your child is happy, healthy and well taken care of I do not care how you do it.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luvmymonkeys27
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM
2 moms liked this

Personally, I don't care what other people chose to do. I disagree with your argument that "just because we don't have a penis means we shouldn't have an opinion" however. 

sorcha1945
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM
There are some that hold the view that it is a human right issue. Since that is the case I can understand their want to try and stop people from doing it.

I don't hold that view personally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM
5 moms liked this
Some moms feel it's their job to get on the Internet, post a few links to biased websites and say a few reasons why you shouldn't do it. They must just feel the need to be a know-it-all and appear to be better than complete strangers.

To be fair though there are some moms who do need to do actual research though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:37 AM
I wouldn't circ, but I am not going to tell someone they shouldn't. I just think it should be his choice. I'm sure if girls were getting parts of their lady bits cut off like they had done in some cultures, people would be flipping out. Other countries view us a sick, because most countries would not do that to a child unless problems arised. We are just to use to circs. The u.s is started to not do as many circs now though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM
5 moms liked this

How would you feel if someone sliced a piece of you off without your permission?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 12, 2012 at 10:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Im pregnant with a boy and he will be circed just like his older brother was.
lovelyladybump
by Tasha on May. 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm pregnant with a boy as well and i left the decision up to my S/O.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM
I didn't say we can't have an opinion, I just don't think it should be the vast majority of conversations on here some days.... It is kind of ridiculous. I know we ultimately make the decision for our sons but why we talk about it so much and get mad when other moms don't do what we want.....

Quoting luvmymonkeys27:

Personally, I don't care what other people chose to do. I disagree with your argument that "just because we don't have a penis means we shouldn't have an opinion" however. 

singlemom1208
by on May. 12, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree op
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I left the decision up to my husband.
What other women say on the internet doesn't bother me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)