Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My mom wants me to help her catch my dad cheating

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I woke up to 2 missed calls around 3am this morning from my parents house. I got a little worried since this is odd for them and called her immediately. She was crying and said that she thinks my father is cheating on her and has been for a while. He did once YEARS ago and she said those "suspicions" are coming back. The finale straw was him coming home last night at 2am, drunk, and missing his wedding ring. She questioned where his ring was and he drunkenly told her it must have fell off his finger. When questioned again this morning he said the same thing.

I dont know if i can do this. It would devestate me to know. My mother has cancer and hasnt been her "old self" in years. She cant drive because her vision is damn near gone from the brain surgery and radiation. She wants me to look through his phone since, as she says, "she is too stupid to figure the damn thing out". I have a feeling if i did this for her that i might just find something because my dad isnt too shabby with his "fancy" phone either. I just taught him how to text like 2 months ago lol.

I dont know what to do :/ this is def something i would persue for a close friend..but for my mom?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommyof2n0308
by Marissa on May. 12, 2012 at 11:06 AM
I'm sorry you are being put in the middle.:( I can't imagine. I'm sorry I have no advice. I have no idea what I'd do in that situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:06 AM
So. Just read your last sentence back to yourself out loud
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Quoting areyouatroll:

i have. Over and over. Its not that i dont WANT to do this for her, its just that i am terrified of the outcome.
Mychele
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Yes, for your mom. Cheating is devastating and embarrassing. Who can she trust and confide in ? Sounds like its you. That had to be really hard for her to tell you. I hope you can be there for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
areyouatroll
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Would you expect your mom to help you?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting areyouatroll:

i have. Over and over. Its not that i dont WANT to do this for her, its just that i am terrified of the outcome.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laurenb1
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:13 AM
I don't know what I'd do but all I know is when df's dad cheated ( the first time) df and his brother found emails they weren't even looking for. The signs were already there
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweets27
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM
I would do it for my mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happy.go.lucky
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM
I'm sorry you're being out in the middle and that your mom is sick. I think she deserves to know if her husband is cheating on her while she is sick. It takes a really shitty person to step out on his/her spouse during the spouses time of need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trebelcleff
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I would do it.  It sucks you are in the middle, and I'm sure if you find anything you will lose some respect for your Dad, but just because your parents might not love each other anymore doesn't mean you can't love them both or that they don't love you just as much.  I wish she hadn't asked you to do that, but she did.  If you have any siblings, maybe you should talk to them about it.

nikki32230
by on May. 12, 2012 at 11:21 AM
I'm sorry you are going through this, it's wrong for your mom to put you in that situation..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured