Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I asked my sons a very serious question

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM
  • 7 Replies
I asked them if it was ever embarrassing to always have developmentally disabled people with us when out in public.

The 9 year old said it was the opposite of embarrassing because they are cool and people probably think they are related to us.

The 13 year old said, "No. It is more embarrassing to be hanging out with you."....lmao.

Brutal honesty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2012 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
singlemom1208
by on May. 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Haha!! Your not doing it right if your kids aren't embarrassed. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha!  That's adorable

Schleetle
by on May. 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM
It's great that they are so accepting. Most people really are not, good for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM

LMFAO! 

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Thats funny. So good they are comfortable being with people with disabilities. It will make them better more compassionate people later on. 

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM
Awesome, sound like great kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:30 PM

I am sure it helps that theolder boy was 18 months old when we started live-in care for adults with developmental disabilities and the younger one was born into it.  But, we stopped doing it for about 2 years when we moved out of state.  I got right back into it when we moved back.  So, I always try to feel them out in different stages of their life to see how it is affecting them.  So far, they really enjoy it and I never hear complaints at all.   They even like to help.  

Today, we had a train going while out shopping for flowers for our flower bed.  The older son was helping on of the ladies push the cart and keeping track of her while I pushed a flat bed cart and kept an eye on the other lady.  5 of us and two carts walking in a line...lol.

Quoting Schleetle:

It's great that they are so accepting. Most people really are not, good for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)