Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband has threated to leave and take my DD with him.

Posted by   + Show Post

My mother's recent stroke has stared him and his little phobia of me ending up like my mother to another damn level. He has always bitched and bitched about me seeing a doctor. My left kidney is in constant pain, my urine is dark yellow, and I have a wee bit of swelling at times. Now we both fully understand that is the sign of one of my kidneys shutting down. I've got another, I'll be fine. He says I'm a hypocrite because I hate my mother for doing letting herself getting so bad off because of poor eating habits and bad choices. However, it's different for me. I hate doctors they never tell me good news and it's more of a "as long as I don't know, I'll be okay" type thing. I'll cut down on my soda and try to walk a little more. He doesn't think that is enough and that my choice to not see a doctor and figure what needs to be down to maintain my right one (I can do that by myself) means I'm neglecting my duties as a mother and wife. I'm not and I know I'm fine. I don't need him breathing down my fucking neck all the damn time. I am not my mother and I will never get like that. He is being an ass and calling me a bad mother for some stupid shit. Now if I was beating and starving my child yes, I can see being called a bad mother but just not going to the doctor is not a qualification.

He is boycotting MD tomorrow because I'm a bad mother. He says is I if I skip the appointment he made for Wednesday he will take our Dd and leave until I do see a doctor. He is not going to really leave me. He wouldn't even dare try me. I don't need a doctor to tell me shit I don't want to here and I don't need him trying to force me. I'm a good mom!

by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
CrazyLife1996
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM
I understand not wanting more bad news but for God's sake think about your daughter. How will she handle it if you die? Your mom had a stroke and could have died. Was that not scary for you?

I am watching my SF slowly die from cancer. It is ripping me apart inside and I'm an adult.

My father died 2 years ago. First it was a massive heart attack. Then one kidney shut down then the other.

You are being selfish. You aren't even thinking about what this is doing to your husband. He loves you and you can't see the pain and fear he has about losing you.

Please see a doctor for your health. Your life. Your husband. And your daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:37 PM
I agree 100%. My mom thought the same thing and guess what? She's fucking dead! Stop being stupid! You're also teaching your child to ignore her health by ignoring yours. Not a very smart thing to teach. If I was your DH I would feel and do the same thing.

Quoting BeverlyKaye9878:

You need to go to the doctor. Yes, you have another kidney, but when that one fails... You are neglecting your duties as a wife and mother. You have to take care of yourself. You might end up worse than your mother, in the sense you may never get to meet your grandchildren. You say you can take care of it yourself, but it doesn't sound like it.

YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM

What makes you think it will work for you, when it doesn't work for others. You are no more special than anyone else.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Everyones difrant. It will work for me. I just need to take care of my right one!

Quoting metalhealthmom:

You have no idea what kidney disease is going to do to you. If you don't take care of this by seeing a medical professional, you'll die an agonizing death.

I have kidney disease. Changing your eating habits WILL NOT make everything okay. My left kidney has a lot of dead cells and scarring in it and because of that I have to see my nephrologist 2x a month. If I don't it's almost guaranteed I end up in agonizing pain because she has to adjust my meds.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

My mother ignore the doctors about her health. I just dont need them in the first place. Ive always been fine without them. As long as i tighten my belt and stick to healthier foods and a lifestyle, I will be more than fine.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Yep. And by not going to the doctor, you ARE behaving just like your mother.

Quoting kellysp6637:

Sorry, I agree with your dh.....if you care nothing of yourself, atleast think of your husband and your child.

Go to the doctor......

michelleinfl
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I don't blame your dh for being mad at you. Go to the doctor.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on May. 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I can run and play with her. As long as i dont have to bend too much (she is walking great now so I dont have to do as much of that) I'm okay. Its just a constant blunt pain. I cant handle that. Eventually it will stop hurting or I will just get so use to it I dont feel it anymore. I get bronchitis every year,  dont go to the doctor and after a few weeks i'm fine. it's the same thing with my kidney. It will either get better from me taking better care of myself or I'll just use my right one.

Quoting Anonymous:

go to the damn doctor and get medication. if you have a kidney infection. its just plain stupid not to. go for your kids if no one else  they deserve to have a mother who can run and play with them. why would you WANT to have one kidney 

JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM
I really hope you're not serious.
If you are, you are being COMPLETELY stubborn & selfish. I do not blame your DH for acting the way he is and I wouldn't blame him if he left.
You ARE being a huge hypocrite. If you care about your daughter, you won't do to her what your mom has done to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM

See a doctor. Your kids need their momma. That is what your dh is worried about.

JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:41 PM
...Until your right one is no good. Then what? Ignore the doctors again til you die?

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I can run and play with her. As long as i dont have to bend too much (she is walking great now so I dont have to do as much of that) I'm okay. Its just a constant blunt pain. I cant handle that. Eventually it will stop hurting or I will just get so use to it I dont feel it anymore. I get bronchitis every year,  dont go to the doctor and after a few weeks i'm fine. it's the same thing with my kidney. It will either get better from me taking better care of myself or I'll just use my right one.

Quoting Anonymous:

go to the damn doctor and get medication. if you have a kidney infection. its just plain stupid not to. go for your kids if no one else  they deserve to have a mother who can run and play with them. why would you WANT to have one kidney 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:41 PM

STOP BEING STUBBORN AND JUST GO!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Wtf! Go to the doctor already!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)