Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband has threated to leave and take my DD with him.

Posted by   + Show Post

My mother's recent stroke has stared him and his little phobia of me ending up like my mother to another damn level. He has always bitched and bitched about me seeing a doctor. My left kidney is in constant pain, my urine is dark yellow, and I have a wee bit of swelling at times. Now we both fully understand that is the sign of one of my kidneys shutting down. I've got another, I'll be fine. He says I'm a hypocrite because I hate my mother for doing letting herself getting so bad off because of poor eating habits and bad choices. However, it's different for me. I hate doctors they never tell me good news and it's more of a "as long as I don't know, I'll be okay" type thing. I'll cut down on my soda and try to walk a little more. He doesn't think that is enough and that my choice to not see a doctor and figure what needs to be down to maintain my right one (I can do that by myself) means I'm neglecting my duties as a mother and wife. I'm not and I know I'm fine. I don't need him breathing down my fucking neck all the damn time. I am not my mother and I will never get like that. He is being an ass and calling me a bad mother for some stupid shit. Now if I was beating and starving my child yes, I can see being called a bad mother but just not going to the doctor is not a qualification.

He is boycotting MD tomorrow because I'm a bad mother. He says is I if I skip the appointment he made for Wednesday he will take our Dd and leave until I do see a doctor. He is not going to really leave me. He wouldn't even dare try me. I don't need a doctor to tell me shit I don't want to here and I don't need him trying to force me. I'm a good mom!

by on May. 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM
Replies (61-70):
emeraldangel20
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

you need to see a dr. i can see where your husband is coming from. if you can't take care of yourself then how are you going to take care of your daughter?

my daughter was the reason i got my gallbladder checked and i'm glad i did. it's out now and i feel tons better.

go to a doctor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 12, 2012 at 7:49 PM
2 moms liked this

At least he Loves you enough to care.

katelynsmommy30
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:50 PM
You are in absolute denial. You need help. I don't doubt for one second that your a good mom and wife, but can't you see that your husband is being a good husband and father by wanting you healthy!!???? What are you even looking for here anyways, if your not going to take this seriously and get yourself to a doctor. I wish you good health and luck. And I mean that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleeduhh
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:50 PM
This. I don't blame your husband. He's being harsh cause he loves you and cares about you. You are not a doctor and you're just scared of bad news but at the end of the day, ya gotta step up and take care of yourself not just for you but for your family, too.

Quoting BeverlyKaye9878:

You need to go to the doctor. Yes, you have another kidney, but when that one fails... You are neglecting your duties as a wife and mother. You have to take care of yourself. You might end up worse than your mother, in the sense you may never get to meet your grandchildren. You say you can take care of it yourself, but it doesn't sound like it.

YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
connorsmommy120
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:50 PM

You need to go see a DR.

katelynsmommy30
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 7:50 PM
Exactly!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

At least he Loves you enough to care.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TraceyMR
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I feel your dh is right. It sucks to have bad news from doctors but that is part of life.

lillysnow
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM
I would leave you too because it is foolish that you are not seeking help for something that could take you out of your child's life. did you not think that being a good mother also means being there for your child. come on lady.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel20
by on May. 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

it's called tough love.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on May. 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Quoting metalhealthmom:

Quoting ButterMeUp:

I'm going to try to say this as nicely as possible.

I don't believe this post.

You either wanted sympathy or attention.

Kidney disease is serious, on Sunday I walked with over 10,000 people who all shared a single goal: find funding for research and treatment. We raised over 250,000 dollars that helps fund research. That research will help find cures.

Because of the 'bad news' my doctors have given me I was able to seek treatment. Since I sought treatment i was able to take part in that walk and walk with other patients who were receiving GOOD NEWS because they were being treated by do yors who are dedicated to helping them fight their diseases.

Every day I am grateful for that bad news because if i hadn't gotten it I would never have gotten treatment.

My mother has renal failureand that caused her stroke lat Thursday. I am fully aware it's serious. I, my husband, and pratialy her usband take full care of her. I have to take her everywhere because she cant drive. Constantly moniter the food she eats and tries to sneak like she is my own child. I have to bathe her, wipe her, and take care of her completely especially after her stroke.

I pay all of their bills because can not work and their medical bills eat up moth of my SF check. I know she is suffering. She can not even remember my Dd's name because of her stroke. She just sits there staring at her like a lost memory. I never want my DD to have to take care of me like that or watch me die. I am really committed to taking better care of myself. I want to watcher her graduate and have kids. Shes only 2 so Ive got a bit of waiting until then. my great auntie is slappin 90 years of age. She has the heart and mind of a 40 year old. She eats great and never has any health problems. As long as I model my eating and exercise habits after her I really do think i will be okay. if I get worse then I'll go but I wont because I am committed to changing. I do not need a doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)