Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You're a crappy mom

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
9 moms liked this
Moms come from every race and culture in the world. We grow up in families that make up a unique blend of our own traditions. We have our own lives.

We also have strong convictions about how to be a parent.

Did you know that if you formula feed, you are a shitty mother? Never mind the reasons. The BF warriors will crucify you for admitting you didn't breast feed, and will also slam your "medical excuses", because after all, they were able to, so you must be a lying, selfish mommy who has no right to public assistance, formula, or any sympathy.

Did you know if you use daycare, you are a shitty mom? The SAHM warriors will fight tooth and nail to show you that you're wrong. You choose money over family, how dare you! Your child will grow up to be a wastrel who sucks down tax dollars for nefarious purposes.

Did you know if you have to go on public assistance, you are ashitty mom? The money making mama's will explain clearly that you should only get PA if you live in a one room, dirt floor shack with no electricity, heat, or windows. Probably walls are too extravagant as well. No, your circumstances do not matter! If you really cared for your kids, you would work 100 hours a week at minimum wage.

Did you know, if you get pregnant while on PA, you are a shitty mom? 90% of Mom's out there will argue this until they're blue in the face. You should not be having sex unless you can afford birth control, and since you are on PA, things like BCare a frivolous waste, so stop being human and having sex. In fact, you should probably stop sharing a room with your lover, because you should be sharing a bed with your child.

did you know if you feed your child any sugar ever, you are a shitty mom? The health food warriors will patiently destroy your will to live by politely explaining just what you are doing to your child, while calling social services to register a complaint against you.

Everyone out there makes 1000 decisions a day, ranging from the mundane- should I add an extra packet of sugar to my coffee, on up through hard ones- should I put my child in chemotherapy first, or seek a second opinion?

We all live in a home with our family, whether that family is a mom, dad, and kids, or two moms and their kids, or grandparents, a mom, and kids, etc. every family is different. It is made up of different people. Different traditions, different races, different cultures.

And yet, wel all feel the need to come here, and attack each mother here. We attack them for mundane reasons. We attack them to make our selves feel vindicated. We attack them, because it makes us feel superior in our own sainted motherhood.

Everyone out there does what they can to be the best mother they know how to be. They do what is best for their family, their children, and each other.

It sickens and disturbs me to see women condemning women for doing the same thing they themselves are doing- being a mom.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 12, 2012 at 8:26 PM

good story!

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on May. 12, 2012 at 8:26 PM
2 moms liked this

It is sad.....

But oh so wonderful to debate and eventually get the claws out.

mandylin3
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this

I never put other mothers down for their parental decisions unless those decisions involve abuse or neglect then I feel it is everyone's job to stand up for that child.  I think the best moms are the ones who take care of their children and the ones who don't feel the  need to talk down to other moms or tell other moms they are wrong if other moms are not doing what they think they should be doing.  We live in a very diverse world, no one is exactly the same; that's the beauty of it.

Rose87
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Quoting mandylin3:

I never put other mothers down for their parental decisions unless those decisions involve abuse or neglect then I feel it is everyone's job to stand up for that child.  I think the best moms are the ones who take care of their children and the ones who don't feel the  need to talk down to other moms or tell other moms they are wrong if other moms are not doing what they think they should be doing.  We live in a very diverse world, no one is exactly the same; that's the beauty of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 14, 2012 at 8:53 AM
4 moms liked this
Everyone has their own ways of doing things. We weren't all raised the same way. You do what works for your family.
I've never heard so much bickering, and bullshit by any other moms, until I got onto this site.
Now, I'm just immune to it.
Rose87
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Also, I've been told I'm a horrible mother because I bf (so that means I think I'm better, I'm sexually abusing my child), because I'm a sahm (I'm lazy and don't want to work) and I could name more.

Bashing is from BOTH sides
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marine_wife0520
by on May. 14, 2012 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I've seen it happen on both sides also. I think either way it's ridiculous.

Quoting Rose87:

Also, I've been told I'm a horrible mother because I bf (so that means I think I'm better, I'm sexually abusing my child), because I'm a sahm (I'm lazy and don't want to work) and I could name more.

Bashing is from BOTH sides

mommy74146
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 8:59 AM
Well said. :)
jillian_G1
by on May. 14, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Amen sister, I think it's so sad to see women bitch at each other. I really try not to get into any debates.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 14, 2012 at 9:05 AM
3 moms liked this

I agree with the basis of your post, but it's a bit hypocritical. It "sickens and disturbs" you to "see women condemning women", but at the same time you're name calling the ones you're calling out..."BF Warriors, health food warriors, SAHM warriors, money making momma's". You say, "we attack them because it makes us feel superior"...you're using condescending terms to label them is the same as what they do to others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)