Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Am I the only mom

Posted by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM
  • 64 Replies
3 moms liked this

Who this Sunday wants to be with her kids? Could careless if I get a gift? Frankly I feel my gift is being with my wife and son! Today we made the fondant and are making a cake then as I do every mothers day my friends are coming over and we will have a potluck brunch and play games and watch movies and do crafts with our kids.

I have seen postings where the mom hates the gift her hubby gave her

I have seen postings where the mom wants her spouse to take the kids away for the day!

I am sorry maybe cause I have lost a child to death I am grateful for the kids I have!

by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:30 PM

I dont think any mom's aren't grateful for the kids we have....but it is NICE to have ONE day a year to ourselves. I don't think its too much to ask. I love my kids and I am with them 24/7 I celebrate them everyday of my life..I think its time to celebrate me, for once.

ChrissyReznor
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Yes I do expect something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM

You are not alone.

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Every one has their own Idea of the ideal mothers day ! I just hope all the moms enjoy theirs !

Roo1234
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
There are a lot of moms who want to be with our kids and our spouses. We just don't see the need to advertise it because happy posts go nowhere.
The whiny posts, the complaining posts are what this place seems to thrive on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Money is tight. I don't expect anything . Just having my dh and ds...and my baby kicking is fine with me. Would I like a gift? OF course it would be nice but sometimes life isn't about what we would like. I am blessed to be pregnant again and all I want overall is her to be born healthy.

Josie.Grossie
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Well put!

Op you make it seen wanting time for ourselves is a bad thing.

Quoting Lyssa0587:

I dont think any mom's aren't grateful for the kids we have....but it is NICE to have ONE day a year to ourselves. I don't think its too much to ask. I love my kids and I am with them 24/7 I celebrate them everyday of my life..I think its time to celebrate me, for once.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toughenough1979
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I don't particularly care about getting gifts, I think gifts are for children and would rather my dh spends money on our children then on me-but that's just me.

kittiekattie83
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

The greatest gift Is my children :) Your plans sound wonderful and i hope you really do enjoy your day mama!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2012 at 8:33 PM

My mom used to have everyone over and she cooked and slaved... ha.

I prefer to take mom OUT for her day.  That is the point, isn't it? Give Mom a little break from the drudgery?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)