Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it wrong of me to let my kid...

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

get bit by my dog? I'm not talking random kids- I'm talking my own kids.

Right now my dog is under my love seat with a sock. My 12 year old DD & 2 year old DS are trying to get the sock from the dog- who is growling at them. I have told them several times to not mess with the dog. He (the dog) has never bit any of the kids, but they need to learn not to mess with him- especially when I tell them to stop before they do get bit! I'm seriously thinking maybe if the dog does bite them then they will get the point.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Replies (21-29):
MilfShake26
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:54 PM
I would never have a dog that would bite my children no matter what they do. My kids can take anything from our dog, grab her ears, pull her tail.. she will just lick them. If she ever bit them i wouldn't say they deserve it. Id show the bitch the business end of the shot gun. That is not okay. Train the dog to tolerate annoying children or get rid of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
missingruth
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Almost this ... except you shouldn't only be correcting the dog ... you should also be correcting the kids - and if what you're dong to correct the kids isn't stopping this behavior?  Then it's time to use a more suitable consequence. 

Quoting CrazyLife1996:

Um no its not OK. You should be correcting the dog.

In my house the only ones who run it is me and my husband. Not the kids or the dogs.

mamacough
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I say it's wrong.

redbutterfly666
by Emerald Member on May. 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM

lol imo no its not iv been bitten by my cat, my dog, and my rat, learned real quick not to mess with them when i see they are upset, and when i say mess with i mean pet them or play with them when they are upset

shannonmegan24
by on May. 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM
My mom did this with me and I ended up in the e.r with stitches across my ribs. My dog was aggressive with her food and me as a child thought I was ace ventura, tamer to all animals. I was wrong. My mom told me over and over to stay away when she ate but my frisbee landed by her and as I grabbed it, she attacked me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Quoting MilfShake26:

I would never have a dog that would bite my children no matter what they do. My kids can take anything from our dog, grab her ears, pull her tail.. she will just lick them. If she ever bit them i wouldn't say they deserve it. Id show the bitch the business end of the shot gun. That is not okay. Train the dog to tolerate annoying children or get rid of it.

heartless

bullemhead
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Here's a thought....... put the dog in another room while he eats whatever it is he's eating. Sometimes it's a good idea to let your kids take their lumps....this is not one of them. A dog bite can be serious, especially for a 2 year old. O.K....so you've told them a million times to leave the dog alone but clearly that's not working. The main concern should be your children's safety...not whether the dog gets pissed or not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM
Is it like a tiny Chihuahua or a pitbull?? I had a little min pin...she was 4 lbs....she couldn't break skin if she tried, it just pinched (her teeth were rounded, not sharp).....if I had her and my kids were old enough a pinch to the hand might teach them.....now if its a large dog that could do damage, eh no I wouldnt
Destiny907
by on May. 12, 2012 at 9:07 PM

intervene before it comes to that... BUT I DO UNDERSTAND.    You know, some kids are so defiant and just won't get the point until they DO get nipped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)