Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Confession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
I Have OCD, I'm superstitious to a fault, I hate my body, I have a eating disorder and I'm hanging on by a thread to not start again, I used to do drugs, and my family life was terrible but I'm ashamed of all of the above and hide it from everyone! Bash away I'm relieved I "voiced" it all.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 12:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nannosmommy
by on May. 13, 2012 at 12:49 AM
No bashing here but *hugs* don't repeat past mistakes mama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 13, 2012 at 1:06 AM
I'm sure the bashing will be here in the morning but thank you pp for not bashing. Im trying not to be stress and body issues make it hard
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2012 at 1:09 AM
What kind of ocd do you have? I got ocd & use to get drunk, plus drinking gave me the feeling of calmness.
Renee47
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:12 AM

No bashing sounds like you need a 12 step program or a therapist it helps I have had many issues including drugs therapy helped so did the 12 step program good luck my prayers are with you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 13, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Aggressive and contamination OCD. The big one is the aggressive OCD. The drugs either had me so numb I couldnt form the thoughts to get worked up or they had my mind racing so badly I wasn't focused long enough on any one obsession to start a anxiety issue
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 13, 2012 at 1:16 AM
I have been clean almost 7 years but still think of it often. I don't feel I would ever use again since I quit because I was pregnant and didn't want to be like the rest of my family

Quoting Renee47:

No bashing sounds like you need a 12 step program or a therapist it helps I have had many issues including drugs therapy helped so did the 12 step program good luck my prayers are with you!

Renee47
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Good for you I have been clean 10 years my life is so much better

blondie805
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Who has to bash you? You have already done that. The body issue is not just a body issue. It's an issue that you have about yourself. Another reason to hate yourself. I hate my hair, nails (I bite them off), the skin tags on my body and my being overweight. I battle daily all of the above. I cry to God for Him to let me die. The response is for me to go ahead and die. I die to myself each day. I give up. Stop trying to fight this battle alone. I can give you a hundred things that I don't like about myself other than the ones I mentioned. Your battle is a war and you are fighting it with a toy gun instead of a real one. Remember what was made in the dark will come out in the light.  Stop downing yourself for all that you have done. Start praising yourself for what you have come out of. You SURVIVED! You survived where others have not. Ok, so you have to tell yourself 6 times while washing your hands 6 or 7 times lol, but, you must know that you have survived! Let your old self die. Let God show you the new self. The new, improved and superbly beautiful self.

Now you can stop bashing yourself, role your eyes call me preacher and bash me.

thinkpink2012
by on May. 13, 2012 at 1:37 AM
I have battled bulemia for the past 14 years. After having my 2nd child in Feb. I have been struggling to lose weight the right way. I don't see why someone would bash you. Hugs and be strong mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 1:41 AM

That is a lot to deal with.  Does any medication help with the OCD and anxiety?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN