Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how come.....

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:57 AM
  • 32 Replies
Ive always wonder this.
how come when somebody says Retarded refererring to an idiot dumbass regular person they say its offensive to mentally challege people but is also offensive to call them retarded to?

Any likes are greatly appreciated....TY :) www.facebook.com/lisaannsweetdelights

by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misslady80013
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:59 AM
Bump, I never knew so many had a problem with this before I saw it talked about so much on here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrookieCookie1
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:02 AM
2 moms liked this

because people on here are effing retarded. And i mean that in the former, and not the latter way. If I mean 'developmentally disabled" or "mentally impaired" , i'll say it.

taina361
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting misslady80013:

Bump, I never knew so many had a problem with this before I saw it talked about so much on here.

I agree i see u can curse from a to z but if u say retarded about someone they thresten to delete post.

Any likes are greatly appreciated....TY :) www.facebook.com/lisaannsweetdelights

AnnieMcD
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:04 AM
5 moms liked this

Because comparing your dumbass friend, who has all of their mental faculties but is being a complete moron, to someone who DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO ACT WITH FULL MENTAL ABILITY  is fucking offensive.

misslady80013
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:08 AM
That's true. I don't use the word so no problems here. You may get bashed for this post.

Quoting taina361:

Quoting misslady80013:

I agree i see u can curse from a to z but if u say retarded about someone they thresten to delete post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 13, 2012 at 6:13 AM
I know. Same here. People will bash you.

Its like the word 'retarded' is a sin word or some shit. You cant speak the 'r' word here.
mommasbabies77
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:14 AM
2 moms liked this
I love you Annie! Op if I called someone a f#g people would be jumping down me and if I used the N word they would be going off. Why? Because it's offensive to homosexuals and african americans. But the person I might say it to isn't even one of those things so why would anyone get mad right. How come this word isn't offensive? Because the mentally challenged aren't as important???

Quoting AnnieMcD:

Because comparing your dumbass friend, who has all of their mental faculties but is being a complete moron, to someone who DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO ACT WITH FULL MENTAL ABILITY  is fucking offensive.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taina361
by on May. 13, 2012 at 6:15 AM
Quoting AnnieMcD:

Thats what im referring to Retarded shuldnt be associated with mentally challenge person. Its more offensive to call a mentally challenge person Retarded IMO

todmom92
by Member on May. 13, 2012 at 6:15 AM

retarted is just a different meaning thats all they get offensive because your reffering to being retarted as a bad or ridiculous action where those who are really retarted cant help it ..they dont want to be compared to assholes or dumb ideas basically

todmom92
by Member on May. 13, 2012 at 6:17 AM

mentally retarted was never an offensive thing untill some asshole came in to the world and read it out of a dictionary or heard it in class and started using it as an insult.. it is a medical term not a mean name

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN