Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You people who don't get gifts are doing it wrong!

Posted by   + Show Post

I have been with my husband almost 9 years. He comes from a mom who doesn't like foofoo stuff. She hates flowers and isn't very good at lavishing heartfelt gifts or gushing over holidays. So! What did I do? I trained him! From the very beginning of our relationship I told him just how IMPORTANT holidays are to me. I made a big deal of every holiday and told him what I expected and gave him suggestions. I also treated him the same - making him feel special. Now, he screwed up a couple times in the beginning (like giving me a pair of Vans for Vday) but we went over his mistakes and he got it right the next time.

My husband is the now the most amazing holiday celebrator! Right now he is making me a Salted Caramel Latte, he's already wished me a happy mothers day, later we are going to a movie and lunch. I got beautiful flowesr. Exactly what I would want for today.

So, stop complaining and start training!!!!!

by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:19 AM
Replies (21-30):
Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Grabs Popcorn

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Wow, really? My baby isn't born yet so I don't expect any recognition for mother's day but my birthday is next month and all I want is a date night with my hubby.

GraceHudson
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM
bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 13, 2012 at 10:32 AM

So you have never once asked your husband to do something differently?

Quoting KelliansMom:

I learned a long time ago that if a man needed training then he wasn't the man for me :).

perezamberly
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Good for you Mama! All these women whine but I assume most of them don't actually inform their men of their expectations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Oh lord!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rkoloms
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM
I didn't know that adults expected others to spend money on them, especially for Hallmark Holidays. Someone should buy a gift because they WANT to, not because a selfish, immature brat expects them to

Quoting lovinglife0682:

While I don't agree with the term training your husband, I did let my husband know I expected gifts and acknowledgement and will always do the same. It is important, not that I get an expensive gift but that he takes the time to acknowledge me and that I take the time to acknowledge him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lowencope
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree sometimes u just have tp tell them what u want.
Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on May. 13, 2012 at 10:36 AM

so you never went to "training" for a new job. riiiiight

Quoting emeraldangel20:

my man is not  a dog so he does not need to be trained.

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Actually no I haven't, we have learned and grown together yes but we have never needed to training.

Quoting Anonymous:

So you have never once asked your husband to do something differently?

Quoting KelliansMom:

I learned a long time ago that if a man needed training then he wasn't the man for me :).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN