Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What do you think of people who say? Divorce is not an option.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies

Is it really realistic to think this?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by Jenn on May. 13, 2012 at 2:08 PM
3 moms liked this

I am one of those people, so yes, I think it's realistic. If people actually discuss the important things before they get married and make sure they're not marrying an asshole, it's very realistic.  I've been married 13 years and while it hasn't been all butterflies and rainbows, it's been good. 

Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM
3 moms liked this
No I dont think it's realistic.

My parents had that mentality as do my grandparents and I've seen the generations of destruction because of it. It's taken me years of therapy to come to grips with my childhood and most stems from my grandparents and then my parents mantra that divorce is never an option.
panther79
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Good for them! Hopefuly they have made sure that the person they are marrying isnt a piece of shit. Marriage is meant to last a lifetime not a few years. 

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Divorce is very little of an option to us so I understand it to some extent.  However I think saying it is never acceptable leaves a lot of room for abuse and adultery.

Piskie
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I think.its very unrealistic....
I hope to god I never get divorced....
But I'm not going to spent my life unhappy and let my daughter see an unhealthy and unhappy relationship.
It takes a lot of work... But sometimes that just isn't enough. It's a last resort option.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2012 at 2:15 PM
2 moms liked this

Why wouldn't I feel anything less than respect for them? Everyone is so quick to run and divorce instead of working on their issues.

JanuaryBaby06
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:16 PM

i think so. i have endless respect for anyone who not only says this but lives it. Whos puts everything they have into making sure their relationship stays fresh, to making sure it never gets to a point for divorce to come into play. I hate when people think of pestisism as being realistic... its not, its just sad :( also divorce isnt somethign that just happens, its something you have to make happen by giving up.  how is deciding not to give up not realistic...? thats just silly!I think that if you go into a relationship with thatmentaility there is a good chance that it will fail and that you do it to yourself. Why even get married/ Just date so that that option to walk is always there and it is alot easier :D

The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms

missamanda86
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:17 PM

Ive been divorced once, not my choice, by necessity and this time around, Dh and I both say it's not an option...there isnt anything we cant work through

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:17 PM
Sad that they are holding on to someone who isnt happy with them

Selfish i think

Let them go and live a better life. Yes there is better out there besides yourself for that SO, get over it and let them move on. There are just some issues that cannot be fixed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thinkpink2012
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2012 at 2:18 PM
I don't believe divorce is an option. When we got married we chose to be with each other Til death do us part. My husband and I both believe this. He grew up in a divorced home and I grew up in a home where my parents just celebrated their 32nd anniversary.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)