Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IF your DD is a major chunk, DONT allow her to wear 2 piece bathing suits!!!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Friend of mines dd is...well, very chunky. The class she is in went on an end of the year trip to the beach, and her mom let her wear a bikini... Anyhow, I thought to myself that might not be the best idea, but whatever, i didnt say anything...sure enough, her dd comes home crying saying people made fun of her belly that was jiggling everywhere...uhmmm YAH!!  I sure as heck dont like seeing that, and kids can be cruel( like it or not, its life) I just dont get how she could be so blind as to not see how bad her dd looked in it.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Replies (71-75):
kathislove80
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:13 PM
Amen!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I think a better message would be to teach our children not to make fun of others.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gemikris82
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM

my friends a half of  a vegetarian (no red meat), so neither one of her daughters eat meat either. so they live on a chickn/fish diet......and she cooks for them, they cant afford to eat out, so its not like shes feeding them fast food.  shes been to the dr for her, she has no medical problem, like low thyriods or anything like that. 

Quoting TaraRichelle:

Well maybe she shouldn't 'feed them the same'

Maybe the child has an underlying medical issue? Maybe her metabolism isn't as fast as the rest of her family? Just because the rest of the family doesn't get fat eating that amount doesn't mean it is healthy to let her daughter get overweight from eating the same portions. Sounds like she needs to see a nutrionist. And no not for cosmetic reasons all kids are beautiful regardless of their size, but she needs to see one for health reasons.

Quoting gemikris82:

Quoting TaraRichelle:

I dont understand people that let their kids get that fat.. YOU make the choices of food they eat... give them healthy food for christs sake.

my friends daughter is huge.  shes 4...maybe 5 her oldes is 7.  and the 4 yr old is like 2.25x the size of her older sister who is very thin.  she didnt "let her" get fat.  she feeds them the same, they are raised the same way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 5:31 PM
My dd is 10 years old and she is not allowed to wear a 2 piece swim suit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Did I say ur child said this no. I just said that u should teach ur child not to be mean. But u doubt you can swing how mean you are to people you don't know.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

It's none of ur business what she wears and u should teach ur child not to make fun of other kids for anything. I'm sorry not everyone can be "perfect" like u. If more people would teach their kids to be less rude this world would be a better place. PS SHE IS A DAMN CHILD.

Maybe you should READ what I wrote. Did I say any kid of mine said anything? Did I say that i even opened my mouth and said anything to the mom? NO I DID NOT....learn to read before you post a reply!

Mrs.Winchester
by on May. 13, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I agree. 

Quoting zianneaaliyah:

I'm sure if she wore a one piece, she still would have been made fun of.  If that is what she wanted to wear, then she has every right. I don't care how cruel kids are, their parents need to raise them better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured