Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hurt Down to My Soul Today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

My family apparently forgot all about Mother's Day this year.  I haven't felt this low for a long time, and this may be the final straw.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ldgforever
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:12 PM

I was feeling all down too. But If ya read on here we are def. not the only ones. Just think of it as another day. thats all. Cheer up :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2012 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't give up the day is not over YET!
mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 5:15 PM
3 moms liked this
You shouldn't feel bad about this. Mother's Day is a trivial day and shouldn't be something anyone is upset about. Just another day on the calendar like any other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Family is More than Mother's Day

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 13, 2012 at 5:16 PM

HUGS HAPPY MAMA DAY

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 13, 2012 at 5:17 PM
God. Who cares. It's just another hallmark holiday. I don't fucking get all the hype on holidays. Ugh. If you want a special day make a plan to get out, or go to a spa. Or make a plan with the kids. People need to quit this bullshit. You can make any day special.
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM
2 moms liked this

I dont agree with that at all.

How is a day celebrating women who gave life, the things they do, how special they are and all they endure for their families trivial?

Quoting mrssummerlin:

You shouldn't feel bad about this. Mother's Day is a trivial day and shouldn't be something anyone is upset about. Just another day on the calendar like any other.

mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 5:24 PM
You celebrate the dy you gave birth on your child's BIRTH DAY for one.
And two, this "holiday" (to me) is just a day for women to either get flowers and candy and bitch that it wasn't the right kind or to get nothing at all and bitch that they didn't get the wrong candy and flowers. It's just a normal day.
Everyday with your children is special and no calendar "holiday" should make this one anymore special.

You don't have to agree with me and that's fine, this is just how I feel. I've never celebrated Mother's Day growing up an I won't start now. Hell, I didn't even know it was today until I started seeing posts about it all over my FB.

Quoting mommy_me:

How is a day celebrating women who gave life, the things they do, how special they are and all they endure for their families trivial?

Quoting mrssummerlin:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 13, 2012 at 5:34 PM
2 moms liked this

LMAO your child's BIRTHDAY is to celebrate their BIRTH and the child not the mother. I see no reason to have a day dedicated to mothers.

But you're correct we don't have to agree. I just find it wrong that on a post about a women  is upset that on a day in her and many others opinions is a day to celebrate her, she doesn't feel that way, you would tell her this day isn't important. Therefore making her feel as if her feelings are not importantand trivial. By all means have your own opinion on the day, that is your right. However, there is no need to put that opinion on someone who clearly doesnt agree with you and is in pain because of it.

Quoting mrssummerlin:

You celebrate the dy you gave birth on your child's BIRTH DAY for one.
And two, this "holiday" (to me) is just a day for women to either get flowers and candy and bitch that it wasn't the right kind or to get nothing at all and bitch that they didn't get the wrong candy and flowers. It's just a normal day.
Everyday with your children is special and no calendar "holiday" should make this one anymore special.

You don't have to agree with me and that's fine, this is just how I feel. I've never celebrated Mother's Day growing up an I won't start now. Hell, I didn't even know it was today until I started seeing posts about it all over my FB.

Quoting mommy_me:

Quoting mrssummerlin:

hip2it
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2012 at 5:34 PM
6 moms liked this
When my 8 yr old son befriended the autistic boy in class while all the kids picked on him, my status as mother was confirmed.

Again, when my 6 yr old daughter decided she wanted to volunteer at the local senior center.

And again, when my three year old says, "mom, I love you so much everything."

Every time a test is aced, a new friend is made, a hurdle is cleared, and my husband says, "wow, these guys are more entertaining than cable," my status as mother is appreciated.

Moreso, when complete strangers compliment how well behaved my kids are. When one voluntarily helps the other without a fight. Every, "you're the best, mom," all of the "mom, guess what I did!" and especially the "I love yous," and my status as appreciated mother is confirmed.

Wtf do I need a card, or some candy, jewelry, sleeping in, or whatever it is that everyone wanted but didn't get for? Especially over some holiday made up by a greeting card company? I'm not going to keep a card forever. Flowers die. I hate chocolate. I have more than enough jewelry, and I can sleep when I'm dead. These memories, however, I will keep forever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)