Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurt Down to My Soul Today

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My family apparently forgot all about Mother's Day this year.  I haven't felt this low for a long time, and this may be the final straw.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM
Replies (11-20):
charliebean
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Well said!

Quoting hip2it:

When my 8 yr old son befriended the autistic boy in class while all the kids picked on him, my status as mother was confirmed.

Again, when my 6 yr old daughter decided she wanted to volunteer at the local senior center.

And again, when my three year old says, "mom, I love you so much everything."

Every time a test is aced, a new friend is made, a hurdle is cleared, and my husband says, "wow, these guys are more entertaining than cable," my status as mother is appreciated.

Moreso, when complete strangers compliment how well behaved my kids are. When one voluntarily helps the other without a fight. Every, "you're the best, mom," all of the "mom, guess what I did!" and especially the "I love yous," and my status as appreciated mother is confirmed.

Wtf do I need a card, or some candy, jewelry, sleeping in, or whatever it is that everyone wanted but didn't get for? Especially over some holiday made up by a greeting card company? I'm not going to keep a card forever. Flowers die. I hate chocolate. I have more than enough jewelry, and I can sleep when I'm dead. These memories, however, I will keep forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themouthyone
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:41 PM
We must have the same family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Mother's Day isn't over yet, maybe they are surprising you.

Kennadismom
by on May. 13, 2012 at 5:42 PM
I may not be family but happy mothers day!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Don't feel badly. I got screwed today too. I woke up to SO nagging at me to get the baby, I mumbled "It's Mother's Day"... he said "I don't give a fuck about Mother's Day, get the baby..." But he called his mommy to make sure he told his sweet, perfect, neglectful mommy of his who abandoned him when he was 6 to tell HER happy Mother's Day.... What the fuck ever.

lillysnow
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Happy Mothers Day!

Quoting Anonymous:

My family apparently forgot all about Mother's Day this year.  I haven't felt this low for a long time, and this may be the final straw.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillysnow
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM
what an asshole.

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't feel badly. I got screwed today too. I woke up to SO nagging at me to get the baby, I mumbled "It's Mother's Day"... he said "I don't give a fuck about Mother's Day, get the baby..." But he called his mommy to make sure he told his sweet, perfect, neglectful mommy of his who abandoned him when he was 6 to tell HER happy Mother's Day.... What the fuck ever.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 5:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, we'll see if he gets any special treatment on Father's Day OR his birthday this year. I don't give a fuck either.

Quoting lillysnow:

what an asshole.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 5:47 PM
I had to go buy SDs mom flowers and a gift per hubbys request for sd to give her mom. Meanwhile, I didn't get anything from hubby and son. :(
Amybelle
by AmyAzing on May. 13, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, we'll see if he gets any special treatment on Father's Day OR his birthday this year. I don't give a fuck either.

Quoting lillysnow:

what an asshole.

Quoting Anonymous:

Now THIS is a relationship that's meant to be!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured