Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I know I have a twin that I don't know about

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am almost positive that I have a twin that I never knew. My eyes are two different colors, and I've had doctors tell me that it's common when there were twins in the womb. Maybe one died and no one told me? I don't know, but it would explain the empty feeling I've had my entire life, like something was missing. There is a void, and I think that's why. What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 7:17 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

So, I actually might be right?

Quoting darkwhisper:

This happened to me and my mom. When she was pregnant with me, my twin was gone when she had a second ultrasound. And same happened to me with my oldest son. He was telling me about his other brother. I did the same to my mom when i was little. I always talked about my brother.

As far as eye color goes, i have green eyes with a sectoral heterochromia of brown.

Quoting carterscutie85:

It's actually not too uncommon. There have been a lot of cases where early on in the pregnancy one twin dies for whatever reason and the other twin/mother's body absorbs it.

Quoting Anonymous:

That makes sense.

Quoting carterscutie85:

Maybe you absorbed your twin.

That can happen you know. And your mom would not have known if it happened early enough.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Please get yo life

Quoting Anonymous:

My mother denies it. She thinks I'm just conspiring about it or being dramatic.

Quoting T-Rentsmommy06:

I couldn't say, have you tried discussing it with your parents??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Cousins daughter is seven now. She didnt know she was pregnant with twins until her dd was about 4. The fetus was still floating in there, not sure how developed it was but couldnt have been too much farther than a month or 2 considering she shrunk back down after giving birth. Im not sure either how they missed it, guessed they didnt notice the extra fetus during ultrasounds.

Quoting tginn20:

Maybe she doesn't know...I was pregnant with twins and unfortunately we lost one early on. If it weren't for the U/S...I would have been none the wiser. 

Quoting Anonymous:

My mother denies it. She thinks I'm just conspiring about it or being dramatic.

Quoting T-Rentsmommy06:

I couldn't say, have you tried discussing it with your parents??

Lizzys_mommy13
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Its common when you have a twin, but its also possible when you don't. Its just a little more rare. Its possible that your mother had two of you in the womb, but your twin was either miscarried or absorbed early on. A lot of pregnancies start out with two, or so I was told, and its common to lose one of them early on without even knowing there were two. 

darkwhisper
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:49 PM
It is possible. The empty feeling like something or someone should be there but isnt, yet still feel as if youbare whole somehow...i know that feeling. Have felt like something just was missing all my life. Weird i know.

Quoting Anonymous:

So, I actually might be right?

Quoting darkwhisper:

This happened to me and my mom. When she was pregnant with me, my twin was gone when she had a second ultrasound. And same happened to me with my oldest son. He was telling me about his other brother. I did the same to my mom when i was little. I always talked about my brother.

As far as eye color goes, i have green eyes with a sectoral heterochromia of brown.

Quoting carterscutie85:

It's actually not too uncommon. There have been a lot of cases where early on in the pregnancy one twin dies for whatever reason and the other twin/mother's body absorbs it.

Quoting Anonymous:

That makes sense.

Quoting carterscutie85:

Maybe you absorbed your twin.

That can happen you know. And your mom would not have known if it happened early enough.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darkwhisper
by on May. 13, 2012 at 8:52 PM
And your mom would have never known
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lyssa0587
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2012 at 9:36 PM

This may be one of the most interesting posts I have read in a long time on here. I had no idea some of these things could happen during a pregnancy. 

lillysnow
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:37 PM
david Bowie has a green eye and a blue eye. he doesn't have a twin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ladybug8412
by Member on May. 13, 2012 at 9:47 PM
My grandmother has different colored eyes, and she's not a twin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annas_momma
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Not true. My DF had no idea that he had another brother. Turns out he was born 2 years before my DF was and passed away when he was 8 months old. No one told him until last year when he was 28, and the fact they told him was an accident.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I think you need a therapist.  You have no reason to think you are a twin other than eye color and a feeling.  It sounds like you have a fantasy of being a twin and somehow you crossed a line and your fiction is real to you.  Sometimes if people feel lonely or whatever they create a twin or adoption fantasy to explain it.  Im quite sure you arent a twin.  Someone would have told you.  Get some help. 

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I look like my parents' child. I am a spitting image of my father. 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Are you adopted? Cant you ask your parents?

My birth records say that I am a twin.  You can ask the state for a copy.  Not the certificate, the record.  It has more detail.  

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know. I don't even know where to begin to look if she or he is alive.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Honestly unless you are in some secret closed adoption why would you not know.  Are you suggesting that your parents lied to you?  That seems disturbed.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just have a strong gut feeling about it.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

LOL my twin and I have the same color eyes. Twins are just a sibling.  Its not magic. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)