Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ultrasound and D&C *********TMI********* UPDATE!! 5/14

Posted by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM
  • 72 Replies

Ok so tomorrow i am having an ultrasound tomorrow and then we are going to schedule a D&C

I am supposed to start my job the following monday on the 21st and i will have to go out of town for 3 days. 

The doc did bloodwork when i was last there and i am not pregnant nor was i pregnant. 

She is wanting to do the D&C because of very heavy and abnormal bleeding. When i say heavy think of this.......... bleeding but tampon is full and falls out after 30 minutes. Tampon is a SUPER! Bleeding but blood leaks through after an hour. Pull tampon on and it is covered in blood and blood drips down ur leg. 

Bloodwork shows nothing wrong. Pap smear shows nothing but very heavy bleeding. 

So what can i expect from the D&C?  

i know she said i go in, she puts me under, she does it, i wake up and then go home.

She said there will be cramping and bleeding but only need a few days rest. 

I am nervous and scared right now. Any advise will be helpful

UPDATE 5/14

Ok so i went and had my ultrasound today and saw my OB doctor. When they did the ultrasound they found a cyst on my Right Ovary. The vaginal part of the ultrasound was painful.  She thinks i may have leigions as well. So in 2 hours i am going in to have a biopsy. 

Tomorrow 5/15 i am meeting with the surgeon. 

Wednesday 5/16 i am having a Laparoscopy done. I do have a thick lining called Endo something. 

She doesnt think a D&C is needed which is why is she having me scheduled for a Laparoscopy

by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
allensavannahs
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this

it hurts, take the vicoden pur your feet up and try to relax you may have some bleeding but not like what you have been describing

my three year old ,my six  year old

my teen my pirateand me!

I'm a Mother, Wife , Friend. Granddaughter, Neice, Aunt , Nerd, but most of all i'm ME.

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on May. 13, 2012 at 7:47 PM

hurt as in how bad?  i hate pain.  lol

Quoting allensavannahs:

it hurts, take the vicoden pur your feet up and try to relax you may have some bleeding but not like what you have been describing

KYLIEAARONMOMMY
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 7:50 PM
I had one and they put me out. I woke up with a headache but was just fine. I had no pain. I even drove myself home soon after.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
What's a d&c
_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 7:50 PM
i didnt feel a thing during . It hurts right after but you will get pain meds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allensavannahs
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM

when i had mine it was pretty rough, but at the height of the pain i took two vicodin every 5 hours for like a day and then it wasn't so bad.  It hurt worse than the second day of C section after all the drugs wear off LOL

Quoting mommysangelface:

hurt as in how bad?  i hate pain.  lol

Quoting allensavannahs:

jridgill
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM
It's not so bad. My pain was mostly emotional. It's was like a bad period for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tatertotk
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:52 PM

It's not that bad. I had the exact same thing. I was groggy from the procedure and had to rest that day but went back to work the next morning. It really wasn't pain, just discomfort.

Good Luck!

FindingDiamond
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM
I don't remember mine hurting. But, be sure to have someone around to drive you home and help take care of things while you rest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdellesMom
by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:54 PM
I've had a D&C. They sedated me because of something else I had going on at the time.

GL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured