Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ultrasound and D&C *********TMI********* UPDATE!! 5/14

Ok so tomorrow i am having an ultrasound tomorrow and then we are going to schedule a D&C

I am supposed to start my job the following monday on the 21st and i will have to go out of town for 3 days. 

The doc did bloodwork when i was last there and i am not pregnant nor was i pregnant. 

She is wanting to do the D&C because of very heavy and abnormal bleeding. When i say heavy think of this.......... bleeding but tampon is full and falls out after 30 minutes. Tampon is a SUPER! Bleeding but blood leaks through after an hour. Pull tampon on and it is covered in blood and blood drips down ur leg. 

Bloodwork shows nothing wrong. Pap smear shows nothing but very heavy bleeding. 

So what can i expect from the D&C?  

i know she said i go in, she puts me under, she does it, i wake up and then go home.

She said there will be cramping and bleeding but only need a few days rest. 

I am nervous and scared right now. Any advise will be helpful

UPDATE 5/14

Ok so i went and had my ultrasound today and saw my OB doctor. When they did the ultrasound they found a cyst on my Right Ovary. The vaginal part of the ultrasound was painful.  She thinks i may have leigions as well. So in 2 hours i am going in to have a biopsy. 

Tomorrow 5/15 i am meeting with the surgeon. 

Wednesday 5/16 i am having a Laparoscopy done. I do have a thick lining called Endo something. 

She doesnt think a D&C is needed which is why is she having me scheduled for a Laparoscopy

by on May. 13, 2012 at 7:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2012 at 7:58 PM
2 moms liked this
It was a piece of cake for me. The worst part was having the IV put in, hate getting those in my hand, and the rest of it was fine. They gave me a prescription for pain killers but I didn't even fill it. We went out for dinner on the way home from the hospital. No pain, only very minimal bleeding. You may have cramping from the cervix being dilated, some women find that quite uncomfortable, but it didn't bother me at all.
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on May. 13, 2012 at 7:58 PM

yea. she said she wants to do the ultrasound to see things better

Quoting KYLIEAARONMOMMY:

I had one and they put me out. I woke up with a headache but was just fine. I had no pain. I even drove myself home soon after.

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on May. 13, 2012 at 8:00 PM
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on May. 13, 2012 at 8:02 PM

i am so freaking scared and nervous

Quoting allensavannahs:

when i had mine it was pretty rough, but at the height of the pain i took two vicodin every 5 hours for like a day and then it wasn't so bad.  It hurt worse than the second day of C section after all the drugs wear off LOL

Quoting mommysangelface:

hurt as in how bad?  i hate pain.  lol

Quoting allensavannahs:

it hurts, take the vicoden pur your feet up and try to relax you may have some bleeding but not like what you have been describing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM

our therapist had this done for this exact reason last wednesday...she was back at work the next day!!! Good Luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 13, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Stop getting pregnant if you keep having miscarriages then you wont be in this situation.

cjsix
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 8:05 PM

When I had a dnc after a miscarriage many years ago I was put completely asleep.

The amount of bleeding you are having makes me think you should have your doctor look for PCOS... one of the possible symptoms is very heavy bleeding. I have gone through the heavy bleeding and just as badly or more than what you describe. I finally one day was so upset and defeated that I had hubby go buy some disposable underwear(for bladder control) I truely didn't know what else to do...It ended up being the best thing for it. I hope this helps.

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on May. 13, 2012 at 8:06 PM

um im not pregnant and i wasnt learn to fucking read.  i had my fucking tubes tied you bitch

Quoting Anonymous:

Stop getting pregnant if you keep having miscarriages then you wont be in this situation.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on May. 13, 2012 at 8:06 PM
I was down (mostly pain killer fog) for that day, but the next day I was fine, minus the bleeding. Mine didn't hurt at all after the first few hours...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 8:07 PM
good luck! hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)