Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think i'm leaving my DH because he didn't get me what i want for mothers day

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I really think i am our dd pasted away less then a year ago and all i wanted was to have a picnic at the cemetery with her. We are very tight on money even for gas he got me expensive flowers i know it was more then 15 we only would have needed 10 for gas my little sister asked him why he didn't say happy mothers day to me and why he didn't take me he said i am not a mom....she asked why he got me flowers then and he said so he didn't have to drive to the cemetery 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Replies (51-60):
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2012 at 9:29 PM
What an insensitive dick. Pack his bags.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss-B
by ‚ô•Divalicious‚ô• on May. 13, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Quoting MrsNewman:

:( im sorry!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 13, 2012 at 9:30 PM

i have been some one's mother it was only for a short time but i am her mom!

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a mother is more than just giving birth.

She may have been an awesome mom, it given the chance.

I'm sure today was hard for her. And I said her husband is an ass for not being more sensitive.

Quoting GoRed:

Ew, I hope you're just trolling.  She is the mother of a child who passed.  She deserves recognition, I'm sure today was hard for her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, theoretically, Mother's Day is to show appreciation to your mother. You haven't really been anyone's mother.

But, he is an ass for getting out of taking you to the cemetery.

I'm sorry for your loss.

tori911
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM

How horrible! Yes you are a mom! Just because your little one is in heaven doesn't mean your not a mom. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Women are called snobs and bitches because we have standards, know our worth, only accept what we deserve, and never settle. Be proud to be a woman!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM
He is still grieving.
LeahJ
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM
But honey, maybe this day is just.....maybe he just doesn't know what to say or do for you, kwim? I mean, I know you told him you wanted a picnic with her. But maybe he thought that would be too hard? Maybe he was trying to protect you? Its been my experience that men try to "fix" things rather than experience emotions. Maybe, to him, he thought that if he gave you flowers it would "fix" it and make you feel better and you wouldn't be sad about "not being a mom." does that make any sense? And obviously I have no idea. I'm just saying that there could be a whole lot more going on here for him than him being a mean jerk on purpose.

I don't know what, if any, counseling you two have had. But I cannot recommend it strongly enough. As I said earlier, the divorce rate for parents that have lost child is very very high. Give yourselves a fighting chance.

Quoting Anonymous:

he said i wasn't a mother and just got me some flowers so he wouldn't have to deal with bringing me to the cemetery i think that is why they are calling him names i'd like to but idk where he is....he might be upset but we just went there april 4th when she would have been 1...

Quoting LeahJ:

He might be grieving too. I think it is horrible that all these women are jumping on here calling him all kinds of names. Um hello- HE LOST A CHILD TOO. Could he have handled it better? Probably so. But until you have been a grieving parent, you probably don't know what you will say and do and other than offering hugs and support to BOTH parents, you should probably just keep quiet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM

thank you ladies not one person other then my sister who is only 18 has said happy mothers day to me 

manicMOM_DLC
by on May. 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Go figure that was posted anonymously. If u have such a harsh opinion then grow a pair and pot under ur own name.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, theoretically, Mother's Day is to show appreciation to your mother. You haven't really been anyone's mother.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chris030406
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM
Yep this marriage needs serious therapy now, or it will only get worse...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goodmama85
by Diamond Member on May. 13, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Way to go insensitive fucking moron

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured