Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my mother breastfed MY child!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
That's right she sure did! I wanted my child to have the best, my supply wasn't enough for her. So my mother who has always over produced and never had a problem nursing, took hormones and nursed my daughter. I will never be able to pay her back for what she's done for my daughter!

I'm not going to lie, it was very difficult watching someone else provide for my child what I should be able to. I had to set aside my pride and see what a blessing I had. The woman who nursed me as a child was offering why child a wonderful gift. Is it conventional? No. Was it easy or convenient for her? No. But it was giving my child the best, and I couldn't say no to that.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 12:48 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 1:32 AM
We never told anyone, well except for our husbands of course. She wants it to remain somewhat secretive, I asked her if i could share with others in hopes to spread the word about other options, but she asked me to keep in anon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why are you anonymous about this?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 1:32 AM
I'm so sorry!

Quoting Anonymous:

My mom wasn't even sober enough to breastfeed me as an infant, so unfortunately I wouldn't have had that kind of support with my own kids. Nice that you did.

lalaboosh
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Wow, what a great thing! I'd love to be able to help a mother feed her child!

rancharobeans
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:34 AM

o.k

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 1:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I would as well, if it was an option for me, lol my mother inspires me so much!

Quoting lalaboosh:

Wow, what a great thing! I'd love to be able to help a mother feed her child!

Sama2Mamma
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:36 AM
Gross but sweet and neat all mixed up in one :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 14, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Huh?? Why??

Quoting Anonymous:

We never told anyone, well except for our husbands of course. She wants it to remain somewhat secretive, I asked her if i could share with others in hopes to spread the word about other options, but she asked me to keep in anon.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Suuuure....

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 1:37 AM
Once I got over the initial shock it actually ended up creating a special bond between my mother and my child as well as strengthening the bond between my mother and I. It ended up being a beautiful situation!

Quoting Sama2Mamma:

Gross but sweet and neat all mixed up in one :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 14, 2012 at 1:38 AM
2 moms liked this
I pumped for my brother..his dumb ass mom thought breast feeding would ruin her breast..so I asked if I could pump to feed him. He was born at 29 weeks and was a weak lil baby. I felt since I was eight months pregnant and my milk was in full swing (I would soak though my shirts while sleeping) I asked her. She said yes, so the hospital gave me a pump. I pumped every three hours. He went home one week after I had my son. And I still pumped and had enough for my son to feed also. It was the best thing I could have done, and wouldn't change it for nothing.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's right she sure did! I wanted my child to have the best, my supply wasn't enough for her. So my mother who has always over produced and never had a problem nursing, took hormones and nursed my daughter. I will never be able to pay her back for what she's done for my daughter!

I'm not going to lie, it was very difficult watching someone else provide for my child what I should be able to. I had to set aside my pride and see what a blessing I had. The woman who nursed me as a child was offering why child a wonderful gift. Is it conventional? No. Was it easy or convenient for her? No. But it was giving my child the best, and I couldn't say no to that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN