Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No offense! Do you kiss your child on the mouth?

Posted by   + Show Post

Maybe it was the way I was raised (meaning we just didn't do it), but I think it's kinda awkward when you see parents and grandparents kiss their children/grandchildren on the mouths...

I admit, when they're young I don't find it strange. It's cute. But once they reach that 5+ mark it's just weird to me...Am I the only one?

*I'm sure I'll get bashed for this. I just want to be clear, I don't mean any offense by it, and I don't find it gross...just awkward. ESPECIALLY GRANDPARENTS.

by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:40 AM
Replies (21-30):
SOCO101
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:06 AM

Quoting taina361:

I agree.im my family we greet achother with a half hug n kiss on cheeck. Mouth kiss is for lovers thats what we believe. In puerto rico they also kiss cheecks to greet fam n friends that why, when i moved to tx i found it insane to c parents kiss there kids n grandparents too. I admit i was a little gross out lol. When we had dd we thought our daughter to smooch for a kiss on her lips but even after it felt really weird. We stoped when dd try making out with her daddy lol ( seeing me making out with him) she was only one and a half

LOL! DD has started trying to do that. That's what made me think of this post.

danie24
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:09 AM
Hubby and I still kiss our kids (6 and 4) on the lips. Nobody else does, though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alyssa1988-21
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Me and My Momma still mouth kiss and im about to be 24 and i still kiss my almost 2 year old on the lips (though he like to try to bite ya lol)

SOCO101
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Quoting Alyssa1988-21:

Me and My Momma still mouth kiss and im about to be 24 and i still kiss my almost 2 year old on the lips (though he like to try to bite ya lol)

DD has done that a time or two, lol! 

BTW, her name is Alyssa!

LoganTroyMom
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:21 AM
my son is almost 4, im trying to get him to stop kissing me on the mouth lol
Alyssa1988-21
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:21 AM

AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW

Quoting SOCO101:

Quoting Alyssa1988-21:

DD has done that a time or two, lol! 

BTW, her name is Alyssa!

Amanda52007
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:22 AM
I'm a cheek and forehead kisser with my kids!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on May. 14, 2012 at 6:22 AM
Of course. I wasn't raised doing it, but I started kissing my dad on the lips and my kids on the lips once I hit my 20s. My mom has an aversion to it so I just kiss her on the cheek. I've always kissed my grandma on the lips.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bozo75
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:29 AM
I kiss my mom, sisters, and kids on the lips. We were raised that way I guess. I see no harm in it, though my ds will probably be grossed out by it when he gets older, like my dd has lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meglennox
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:42 AM
1 mom liked this
My three yr old and 10month old get lio kisses. My three yr old will grab my head and plant one like a pro. Lol my 4yr old prefers to be kissed on his cheek. I dont plan on doing anything other than cheek kisses when all boys are older. I find it odd too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN