Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

No offense! Do you kiss your child on the mouth?

Posted by   + Show Post

Maybe it was the way I was raised (meaning we just didn't do it), but I think it's kinda awkward when you see parents and grandparents kiss their children/grandchildren on the mouths...

I admit, when they're young I don't find it strange. It's cute. But once they reach that 5+ mark it's just weird to me...Am I the only one?

*I'm sure I'll get bashed for this. I just want to be clear, I don't mean any offense by it, and I don't find it gross...just awkward. ESPECIALLY GRANDPARENTS.

by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:40 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2012 at 6:45 AM
I sure do kiss my babies on their lips.
mommasbabies77
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:48 AM
3 moms liked this
Took my autistic son 5 years to even offer a kiss. Now when he does..it's open mouthed and right on the mouth..I'll take a million just like it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:49 AM
I kiss my kids on the lips, they are toddlers though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gracie-May
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:51 AM
I plan to do it with DD when she's here. My best friend and I kiss on the lips and I kiss my god-children on the lips. Just how we are.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby_G_24
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:55 AM
I defintiely agree there is a certain age that it starts to look weird. My son is 5 & I've already started telling him to kiss ppl only on the cheeks or forehead; of course He asked but why lol I just explained the germ thing hopefully that doesn't back fire in any way but to make it easier we started with the Eskimo kisses or kissing once on each cheek & now he finds it so funny he doesn't go for lip kissing. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeanniedoll
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:58 AM
No, never have. Only cheeks and forehead. Kissed a boo-boo on the hand.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HotMamaRosie
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:59 AM
My oldest dd13 still mouth kisses me but dd3 hates it. I don't look at it as anything other than kissing my kids. My Dh hates it though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelgrl5200
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 7:02 AM
I stopped kissing my mom longg ago lol my kids stopped at about 5 years old but my twins (almost 6) let me give them pecks still, but not daddy lol, and my son who's almost 7 will very very rarely give me a kiss on the lips! and when he does I think its by accident lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kellysp6637
by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:04 AM

No way...I personally think it's gross and inappropriate.

marine_wife0520
by on May. 14, 2012 at 7:06 AM

I thought it was weird when other family members kissed my babies/toddlers on the mouth. But, they stopped when she got older. I stopped when she was 4, dh stopped when she was two.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)