Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Apple Products

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

SUCK!!! I have had this ipod touch for about six months, and it is turning to shit. When I use the internet on it it randomly shows a black screen then leaves the page I am on. The actual music player skips when playing music sometimes. The first Ipod touch I had the screen broke. Those things are not cheap either. frustrated I am going with the kindle fire next time.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 9:47 AM
Replies (31-40):
FranciRed
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:11 AM
I didn't buy one either. The only things we have covered are the MacBooks. Good thing too, my 8 yr old one suffered a little "accident"

Quoting Anonymous:

maybe I should have bought a replacement plan. Too late now.

Quoting FranciRed:

Meh... You might be having a hardware issue. My iPod started freaking out & that was the cause, so I replaced it. No problems since. I love Apple products & wouldn't have anything else.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livigirlsmom322
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I had an iphone and I gave it to my 8yo DD to use as a ipod touch. She also got a Kindle Fire for Christmas and I like it a lot better.

I now use a Thunderbolt for my phone and I love it.

Mrs_Harsh
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Soot I still have a original iMac that still runs!! We own at least one of every apple products. From apple tv to iPads etc. never ever had a problem, call apple customer service or take it to an apple store their customer service is really good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I had a blackberry in between the iPhones, omg never again! They freakin suck! The plan for the blackberry cost more and I couldn't do as much on it. My hubby was like its soo much better it just needs to be tweaked. So he tweaked it and it still sucked.. Now it's a play toy for my daughter lmao.. She loves it.

Quoting Anonymous:

that isn't too bad. My mom gets her iphone and the plan for free, her job pays for it! lucky!

Quoting Anonymous:

No, I pay $50 for mine. It's got a pretty good data plan. Ok, well I dont pay for it, my ex does, but I know it's $50. Can't remember the specifics of it, but it's not bad.

Quoting Anonymous:

aren't the plans expensive too?

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL nice! Once this iPhone breaks though, I'm not getting another one. They're too expensive!

Quoting Anonymous:

ouch! Once I was really immature and threw my husband's nintendo DS in the dumpster. I saw him get in there and dig it out LMAO

Quoting Anonymous:

I've liked all my apple products. Haven't had any problems. I'm on my second iPhone, but I threw my 3 against a wall (i meant to throw it at my hubby, but he didnt catch it lol) and it broke, to be fair nothing would have survived that blow lol my iPod got stolen :-(. I have an iPhone 4 now and it's still going strong!

Ladybugemt
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Me too. Also iPhone hubby iphone. My touch has been dropped soaked in purfume cracked and still works awesome. DF iPhone has taken a bath. My exes was dropped from a coil unit it shattered but still worked

Quoting Tesserae:

Hmm, we have several Apple products incl. the touch, shuffle, and iPad. No issues here.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vvanness89
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:15 AM

hmm, weird! We have 2iPhones here a 4th gen ipod touch and an ipad2 here and we love them, never any problems! I'd never use anything different!

Sorry that your having so much trouble with them :/ there usually very good products.

GraceHudson
I have an iPad 2

KrissyMama88
i have an ipod shuffle an ipod nano (idk where dh got it but he accidently broke it so the screen doesn't work but it was free) we have an ipod touch sitting in a pawn shop. Dh says your only supposed to charge the ipod touch so many times before it starts messing up on you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Don't they come with a 1 yr warranty?  My phone did.  

miss_lisa
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:23 AM
We are technology slaves in our home. We have two iPhones, and iPod touch, iPad and I also have a nook color.

I used to love my nook color but I have gone through no fewer than 5 charging cords for the thing (it's a problem they know about with the cords, they fall apart very easily), and right after my warranty expired it stopped charging while turned on. After searching I found this is not an uncommon problem either and it tends to happen shortly after the year long warranty expires.

I had some issues with my iPhone after a few months, I called Apple and they sent me a new phone and it only cost us $30. (We had it shipped super fast.) Call apple if your having issues that seem to be a manufacturing error and they will usually replace the product.

Oh, and books are more expensive on the Nook than they are through the kindle app.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)