Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I let my son play outside unattended.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a 5yo and an infant. I don't take the infant outside, and our yard is fenced in. No dogs. He has a play tent outside and he's outside playing with bubbles. The back door is open so I can see him and hear him. Is this bad?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Replies (11-20):
Aeonix
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM
I see no harm in it, you can see him, he's old enough to communicate and understand rules well, it's fenced in and he has shade. Might as well let him enjoy some time outside. I would.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM

why can't the baby go out? Yes I think your older one is fine and safe.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM
Ahh, well then yes, there is nothing wrong with that. I leave my son outside for a few mins if I need to change his sister or something. My yard isnt fenced in though, but I think I've stressed the importance of staying in the backyard. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a privacy fence and the latch on the gate is at least 5 feet up, he'd have to go through a lot to get out, and by then, I'd hear him and be out there.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd do it.. As long as my yard was absolutely completely fenced in and there were absolutely no way he could get out..

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM

our yard is like 30x20 feet... privacy fence... never seen a snake out here. we live in the city. 

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why? All that's out there is grass. We don't have a deck, so no stairs or anything to fall off of.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

UMM.. I don't think thats very safe..

snakes, accident I don't know what kind just think of every possible thing that could be a danger, pervert jumping the fence, your just not supposed to leave little kids unattended.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM

he's 5mo, do you think it's okay to take him outside? i never really took my oldest outside until he was over 7mo.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

kathislove80
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Lol!!!

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Lol its not safe op. You forgot to wrap him in bubble wrap and surround the yard with video cameras.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Nope

bigmama2004
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I am doing the same thing right now. My almost 2 year old is outside playing with his cars and trucks & enjoying the sun. I have things to do and its nice out so he is out playing front and backdoor are open so he can come in and out. Let him play & be a little independent

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM

LOL phew! I'd better go get the bubble wrap I have leftover from sending out packages!

Quoting kathislove80:

Lol!!!

Quoting MrsSamMerlotte:

Lol its not safe op. You forgot to wrap him in bubble wrap and surround the yard with video cameras.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

he's 5mo, do you think it's okay to take him outside? i never really took my oldest outside until he was over 7mo.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Absolutely fresh air is good for everyone. Just make sure he isnt in the sun Which  I am sure you already know. Put him in the stroller or playyard and go play with your older son !

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)