Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I let my son play outside unattended.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a 5yo and an infant. I don't take the infant outside, and our yard is fenced in. No dogs. He has a play tent outside and he's outside playing with bubbles. The back door is open so I can see him and hear him. Is this bad?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Replies (21-30):
sunshinebebe26
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:37 PM

ok, I don't know where you live but where I live this year snakes are supposed to get bad, there was a 2 wk old baby in luling that got chewed up  by a coral snake her mom set her in  the blue bonnets to get a pic and the snake chewed her up . just be careful i guess.

Quoting Anonymous:

our yard is like 30x20 feet... privacy fence... never seen a snake out here. we live in the city. 

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why? All that's out there is grass. We don't have a deck, so no stairs or anything to fall off of.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

UMM.. I don't think thats very safe..

snakes, accident I don't know what kind just think of every possible thing that could be a danger, pervert jumping the fence, your just not supposed to leave little kids unattended.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 12:37 PM

It's fine.  Our 5 year old rides his bike outside without our direct supervision.  He knows he can ride to the alley on one side and his friends' house on the other.  He is very good about staying within his boundaries.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 12:37 PM

That is horrible. 

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

ok, I don't know where you live but where I live this year snakes are supposed to get bad, there was a 2 wk old baby in luling that got chewed up  by a coral snake her mom set her in  the blue bonnets to get a pic and the snake chewed her up . just be careful i guess.

Quoting Anonymous:

our yard is like 30x20 feet... privacy fence... never seen a snake out here. we live in the city. 

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why? All that's out there is grass. We don't have a deck, so no stairs or anything to fall off of.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

snakes, accident I don't know what kind just think of every possible thing that could be a danger, pervert jumping the fence, your just not supposed to leave little kids unattended.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 12:38 PM

I feel the same way, except we don't have a bike for him now. But he hasn't given me a reason not to trust him.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's fine.  Our 5 year old rides his bike outside without our direct supervision.  He knows he can ride to the alley on one side and his friends' house on the other.  He is very good about staying within his boundaries.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 12:39 PM

we've got lots of skeeters lol. i would LOVE one of those huge canopies that have screens on them that zip. i'd be in outdoor heaven!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Quoting Anonymous:

he's 5mo, do you think it's okay to take him outside? i never really took my oldest outside until he was over 7mo.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

why can't the baby go out? Yes I think your older one is fine and safe.

Absolutely fresh air is good for everyone. Just make sure he isnt in the sun Which  I am sure you already know. Put him in the stroller or playyard and go play with your older son !

fakehighfives
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:39 PM

My 5 year old plays outside unattended too.

sunshinebebe26
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:40 PM

yep, snakes are going to be bad here in TX this year it didn't get cold enough to really kill em off, and we are getting alot of rain where i am at. My dh has killed 6 copperheads already this year one was sunning right out in our driveway..

Quoting Anonymous:

That is horrible. 

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:40 PM

my daughter is 4 an does not play out side by her self.

Would never let either of my girls I do not trust people and will not risk it and not one would even be able to tell if my daughter were out side by their self but I would still never. but that is jsut me

Ayla-bellesmom
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 12:40 PM

No problem at all. I allow my daughter to do the same.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 12:41 PM
If you would have asked yesterday I would say it's fine but my car got broke into last night in my yard! They didn't take anything they most have been looking for money. But one if I not outside my dd will not be. Are yard is fenced and we have dogs yes it's a bit different bc it was at night and stuff but you never know we live in a super nice area.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)