Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I let my son play outside unattended.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I have a 5yo and an infant. I don't take the infant outside, and our yard is fenced in. No dogs. He has a play tent outside and he's outside playing with bubbles. The back door is open so I can see him and hear him. Is this bad?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM
Replies (41-50):
WrapNLoseInches
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:44 PM
eh, i live in the country and ds goes in and out as he pleases as long as he tells me first and stays within sight of the windows. were not fenced but he wont go near the road, wont even walk in the driveway without me..he doesnt like anything but grass
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinebebe26
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:44 PM

yep, they are bad here.. but i am out in the country too..

Quoting hannahfoy:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why? All that's out there is grass. We don't have a deck, so no stairs or anything to fall off of.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

UMM.. I don't think thats very safe..

snakes, accident I don't know what kind just think of every possible thing that could be a danger, pervert jumping the fence, your just not supposed to leave little kids unattended.

SNAKES? that was the first thing you thought of? 

Kymmy28
by Member on May. 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I let my 5 yo 6 yo 8 yo and 10 yo play in our yard and it is fenced in. I check on them every 5 to 10 min. Pluse I have other kids over playing all the time too. So it is always noisey out there so I know what they are doing.

OP: if you know he is safe out there and there is nothing out there her can get hurt on and you are checking on him often then he is fine.  I tell mine if I can not hear them then they are up to something, it is the same in the house too.

MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Quoting hannahfoy:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Why? All that's out there is grass. We don't have a deck, so no stairs or anything to fall off of.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

snakes, accident I don't know what kind just think of every possible thing that could be a danger, pervert jumping the fence, your just not supposed to leave little kids unattended.

SNAKES? that was the first thing you thought of? 

lol thats is what I was thinking as well snakes is peoples first thought? I live in the city so my first thought was perves, stealing my child or some thing like that. Oh goodneed I could never imagine personally letting my daughters play out side by there self lol

RedRozeMom
by on May. 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM
LOL...you forgot to mention alien abduction..

Good grief...5 is hardly little. Mine was playing out in the yard by herself when she 3.

Here....all the kids play outside without adults sitting around watching, but then I live in a small community.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinebebe26

Quoting SDarvasi:

He's fine!

I will be doing the same when I get a backyard. Kids will be kids. My mom used to let me take my bike outside without her watching me like a hawk. It's called teaching your kids boundaries, and how to be safe.

I am too afraid of the snakes to let mine outside by themselves...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Yea it was they too took a purse but I had just got a new one and was going to trash it so it had a bunch of trash. But still feel unsafe.
MrsRinehart2010

Quoting Kymmy28:

I let my 5 yo 6 yo 8 yo and 10 yo play in our yard and it is fenced in. I check on them every 5 to 10 min. Pluse I have other kids over playing all the time too. So it is always noisey out there so I know what they are doing.

OP: if you know he is safe out there and there is nothing out there her can get hurt on and you are checking on him often then he is fine.  I tell mine if I can not hear them then they are up to something, it is the same in the house too.

i  can see it as in more kids out there playing but I would never leave my 4 year old out side by her self ever.

Orbie1985

I do the same thing with my son. He's 3.  I keep the sliding glass door open for him and the dogs to go outside. I can see him from anywhere in my kitchen. The gates are high and fenced in and if anyone comes close to the house, the dogs go absolutely nutso.  

Kmary
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Was this response a joke?  Do your children wear bubble wrap or are they just not allowed outside at all?   Oh please please please go to freerangekids.com.

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting sunshinebebe26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)