Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone else deal with craptastic teachers?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
Another post reminded me of some really craptastic teachers at my kids' school.
One teacher gives the kids three vocabulary words to write down, three. Then they get FREE computer time the rest of the period. He's a freaking FRESHMAN. Not a 1st grader. My tax dollars pay this woman to sit around and do NOTHING all day.
There are some good teachers out there, but honestly some of them are ridiculous.
That's just one example of what we've dealt with. No wonder my kids were bored out of their minds.
My son now homeschools because of it.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I loved every teacher at the elementary school level. Detest the middle school teachers. SERIOUSLY considering homeschooling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 1:02 PM
It's easier to homeschool than I thought. I recommend if you're considering it go to a store that sells the materials and look around and buy a help guide for your state. It will tell you everything you need to know and do to successfully homeschool legally.

Quoting Anonymous:

I loved every teacher at the elementary school level. Detest the middle school teachers. SERIOUSLY considering homeschooling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 14, 2012 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Not so far with my middle son, but he's just in Pre-K. My daughter won't start school until the fall. 

My oldest (not school work related) had a teacher in 1st grade who called me and wanted me to come pick him up because he told her to "shut up". It go so bad that I had to write her a note and tell her what I would and would not pick him up for. If he told her to 'shut up" she should have either dealt with it and punished in class accordingly or sent him to the principal. 

fairyjester
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:04 PM
My son has always had great teachers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 1:04 PM
My son is five and in prekindergarten. When he acts up they just let him play on the playground instead of dealing with the issue. Now he knows if he doesn't want to do work that he can be bad so he can go outside.

Or depending on the problem they'll just pull me out of my class (I work there) to deal with him.

It makes me so angry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SnookiBoo
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I know, and then they bitch and moan because the GOP wants to get rid of tenure so these exact teachers can retire and these schools can get  younger teachers who WANT to teach. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 14, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Oh I do! I do! So, my son is autistic and his EAs are great, but his teachers suck. Theres NO communication between us and them, no matter how much I try. They don't include him in a lot of activities that they do. They just make it seem like he can't do the same things. I hate the way they talk to me, I'm not stupid either. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'll be switching him to a pubic school. Religion class isn't going to help him much anyways.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Thank you so much! I was telling Dh last night that I don't even know where to start!

Quoting Anonymous:

It's easier to homeschool than I thought. I recommend if you're considering it go to a store that sells the materials and look around and buy a help guide for your state. It will tell you everything you need to know and do to successfully homeschool legally.

Quoting Anonymous:

ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 1:08 PM

This was my daughters spelling test she brought home a few weeks ago. Two things wrong with this.

One: whatever happen to actually spelling out the word(s)

Two: Im pretty sure likewise is one word not two but he counted it right

mom2_3blessings
by on May. 14, 2012 at 1:09 PM
No thankfully my girls oldest in 6th right now have all had awesome teachers that taught and treated them awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN