Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have adult kids you visit or do your moms come stay with you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

I visit my daughter and stay over night, I never help out with cleaning or dishes.  Is this wrong? I am not a pig or make messes but I'm not there to clean her place, I cleaned up after her her whole life and when she stays at home she is as lazy as can be. So I just show her how it's like, to have someone come, dirty some dishes and bath towels and leave.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2012 at 2:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow. Just wow. You, lady are a piece of work, and I don't mean that in a nice way. If you'd have taught your kid how to clean before she left home, instead of just picking up after her, this would be a non-issue. The fact you think it's okay to do that at her home, speaks volumes about you.

Amanda52007
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:35 PM
I would never stay with someone and not atleast offer to help with dishes. That's just rude.

Yeah, you took care of her and cleaned after her when she was younger when you got pregnant, that's the stuff you signed up for.

I have to beg my MIL to not wash the dishes after I've cooked her a meal. She's a guest in my home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LanaisSky96
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:37 PM
Hmmm...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Twix.Leigh
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:38 PM

My mom does the same for me, except helps a little bit. Then again she lives over 2000 miles away, so her over night is like 3 weeks. And I have a toddler, and having a rough pregnancy. So she helps, a little, but she says she does cause I helped when I was growing up. And I don't visit her at her home, but if I did I would help out. Maybe :P 

I figure it is family, there is a grace allowed. Mind you, my brothers would make a terrible mess and smoke outside with my son... One of MANY reasons they are not allowed here.. but thats totally off topic.. lol. 

Tesserae
by Mrs.Mellark on May. 14, 2012 at 2:41 PM

My mom lives about an hour away so I love when she comes to visit. Her normal stay is 3 - 4 days. I do not expect her to clean at all, she is a guest. This summer she is planning to stay a whole month and we are so excited. And, no, my husband doesn't mind at all.

I think your reasoning for not cleaning up is pathetic btw. My mom TRIES to help clean but I won't allow it. Grow up dear.

SnookiBoo
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:41 PM

LOL!!! Make sure you turn on all the lights, television and leave them on when you go out of that room.  Also, leave what ever you touch out and leave the doors open.  I'm doing the same thing to my DD's when they move out. 

Joels-My-Love
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:42 PM
My mom and she cleans and washes dishes as much as if not more than we do and its her choice... I would be very mad if I had to clean up after her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2bell
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 2:43 PM

sounds like she learned from her mom!  

When I visit anyone, I pitch in and help out in any way I can.  but, that is only becuase I have a little thing called manners.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 14, 2012 at 2:45 PM
My mom visits and she helps when she is here. She is my mom no matter how old I get.
jandyrodax
by on May. 14, 2012 at 2:45 PM

I visit my adult son but I don't stay at his place. Right now he's sharing an apartment with his aunt and there is just no room for extra guests. I do, however, clean up after myself while I am there. 

My mom always taught us to clean up after ourselves even when we are a guest in someone elses home. That's just the right thing to do! 

When my son comes to visit me he stays here sometimes and he even cleans up after himself. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)