Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Trashy. EDIT

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Is it trashy to curse in front of your children? do you look down on parents that do?

Okay, let me rephrase a little. because I too, am guilty at times of letting swear words fly.

so, do you consider it trashy to cruse AT your children? like, I witnessed a woman saying she was going eff her son up if he didn't turn around and sit down

Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 2:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
soon2bemomof307
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Yes and yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Then I'm trashy, I cuss a lot, but my children also know that it's grown up words I use.

Oh well.
MrCruzito
by on May. 14, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I curse in front of my kids, I turn the fucks down a bit but im totally free with my shits. 

2littledaisies
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I'm right there with ya!

Quoting DazzledMomma:

I'm guilty of a potty mouth myself, but i truly try to censor what i say around children. Sometimes a word might slip up, it's a work in progress.

lillysnow
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM
i cuss alot, but never at my son. ever
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SDarvasi
by Sarah Berri ♥ on May. 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM

you shouldn't feel guilty. it's common. people just don't admit it.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am guilty of this. I never curse at the children, but I do curse in their presence.

AllieReed
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM
It's really bad for SOME kids. I have RARELY done it around mine. But my best friend & hubby do it around their boys. One boy never curses but the other is in kindergarten & has gotten in trouble several times this year for cursing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamacough
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I used to cuss in general conversation and thought nothing of it. then I had a dd still the same. then one day she started school and in about the 3rd grade she could not understand something so she got up out of her desk slammed her chair in and said "just fuck it". the school called me and told me what happened. I was so mortified I stopped cussing that day. It still took dd a few months to stop cussing at school. LOL so it is trashy when society figures out you talk like a sailor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 3:14 PM
I cuss in front of my daughter, not at her but in front of her , i always have. She knows what all of them are and she knows that she isn't aloud to say them, and she doesn't. That simple
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 3:15 PM

bump for edit

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)