Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ok, Christian Pro Lifers...explain this one... (edited with correction)

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:44 PM
  • 32 Replies

My friend and her husband of been TTC for the last 10 years.  Nothing has worked.  So they are thinking of getting a surrogate.  Fine whatever but what I dont get is that they are both VOCAL Pro Life.  Their biggest answer to this debate is give the baby up for adoption.  This couple will not even consider adoption.  Their reason is because the baby would not be theirs.  I just dont get it.  They are well off, not rich but better off then most upper middle class families.  They could give some poor child a really awesome home but instead are (IMO) throwing that money away.  If they are such Christians, why dont they listen to God's obvious choice in this matter.  Can someone explain this to me?  I want to say something to them but I know it would be considered rude so I don't because its their choice.  But I do think it is completely wrong.

Thoughts? 

by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs.jessefuller
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:46 PM
2 moms liked this
Not Christian but will say they have more money than sense. It's very selfish.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginger813
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this

they are pro choice, and they choose to have their own child...

samara_love33
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Maybe they want to be apart of the whole pregnancy process. I wouldn't adopt a child and not know what I'm getting myself into meaning the parents history or why this child wasn't wanted I would want my own baby to start from scratch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Xat
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I am a Christian and I have no idea why they would refuse to adopt. I know families that work in the ministry that have adopted children because that is what they felt the Lord wanted them to do. It could just be their personal choice and have nothing to do with their religion.

AmyJeremyx11
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:50 PM
1 mom liked this
they want their own flesh and blood kid. Nothing wrong with that. Do you mean they're pro-life? Otherwise, I'm having a hard time understanding what you find so wrong. They want people not to abort, but give up their unwanted babies for adoption, although they themselves don't want to adopt?

Eh. Just because they don't want people to have abortions doesn't make them responsible for adopting said children. And what might be obviously God's choice for you doesn't mean it's the same for them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:52 PM
So their pro choice..I don't get what's crazy about them not wanting to adopt..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misfitdiva
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Sorry, I was distracted.  They are NOT pro choice

Quoting ginger813:

they are pro choice, and they choose to have their own child...

hp2011
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Maybe they could adopt and do surrogacy?

misfitdiva
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Sorry brain fart...they are pro lifers. 

I am the one that is pro choice.  sorry kids keep fighting and interrupting.

kittenmom001
by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Gods choice is different for every person and just because they call them self Christians dosent always mean they will follow envy thing god tells them to do.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)