Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ok, Christian Pro Lifers...explain this one... (edited with correction)

Posted by   + Show Post

My friend and her husband of been TTC for the last 10 years.  Nothing has worked.  So they are thinking of getting a surrogate.  Fine whatever but what I dont get is that they are both VOCAL Pro Life.  Their biggest answer to this debate is give the baby up for adoption.  This couple will not even consider adoption.  Their reason is because the baby would not be theirs.  I just dont get it.  They are well off, not rich but better off then most upper middle class families.  They could give some poor child a really awesome home but instead are (IMO) throwing that money away.  If they are such Christians, why dont they listen to God's obvious choice in this matter.  Can someone explain this to me?  I want to say something to them but I know it would be considered rude so I don't because its their choice.  But I do think it is completely wrong.

Thoughts? 

by on May. 14, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Replies (21-30):
Lauren0305
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM

They want their own bio child what is wrong with that? Just bc they have money doesn't mean they have to adopt a child what sense does that make.

RhondaVeggie
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I get what you're saying. It's hypocritical to tell a woman to put her baby up for adoption but then say they have no interest in adopting. If you are that unwilling to give a home to an unwanted child then you have no right to say that the woman should keep the pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Once, on this site, some girl was yapping on about being pro-life and called me a baby killer (I have never had an abortion).  She used the adoption excuse and then went on to tell me she would never adopt. 

There are families that adopt.  There are also those that will refuse, but tell you not to abort a child they don't even want.  If they aren't going to be part of the solution, they need to shut up about it.  These are also the same types who are against gays adopting.  People like this make my head spin. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM
Sara made her maid Hagar, bare her and abraham a son, and then became angry with Hagar when she was pregnant with abrahams son and "dealt hardly with her" and made abraham throw Hagar and his son out of the house!! This story is In the book of Genesis...God even promised abraham and sara their own child!! So, If it was me, I'd share that with them, along with telling them, to be careful and to wait upon the Lord, like the bible suggests!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM

This.

Quoting RhondaVeggie:

I get what you're saying. It's hypocritical to tell a woman to put her baby up for adoption but then say they have no interest in adopting. If you are that unwilling to give a home to an unwanted child then you have no right to say that the woman should keep the pregnancy.

britt6
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this

How do you know that surrogacy is not God's plan for their life. Who are you to deem what is or isn't "from God?" 

blondie805
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

That's not the Christian way. That is THEIR way. God has a different plan and if they aren't following it, then, they will find out. I am so sorry that they won't consider adoption. There are hundreds of thousands of babies, children and even teens needing a good home. Please don't hold this against Christians. Hold this against them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 6:34 PM

A Christian whose a hypocrite? No way, my jaw is on the floor right now!!!!!!!!

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Adoption is not for everyone.

samantha_0219
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:39 PM
They want their own child. It's totally understandable. Just because they don't want to adopt right now doesn't make them any less of Christians. It is just not what they want at the moment.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)