Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My poor baby :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

My dogs have been outside for about 2 hours (mostly because they wanted to play and refused to come in) well I just went to bring them in for dinner and one has a TON of flies all over her... Mostly her ears but other places as well. I don't want to let her in and bring all those flies in the house... I'm about to go outside and spray her down hoping the flies will come off long enough for me to let them inside...
What can I put on her to keep the flies away from her? She doesn't have any open cuts or anything, we clean the dog poop often and they get bathed often.  

Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 6:16 PM

bump

zolanmel
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Never had that problem...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaclairbear
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM

After their bath but some skin so soft in water and rinse them with it.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

LoveMyLos
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM

maybe shes just smelly? lol

go to a livestock store like country max or tractor supply plus. go to the horse section and get some fly spray. spray it on when they go out. problem solved. lol

or gooogle or youtube on how to make your own, but the store bought is better in my opinion.

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Did you check her ears? I had a cat who had a horrible ongoing problem with one of her ears that would attract flies if we didn't keep it clean. She also could have just rubbed her head in something dead.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM

This is the first time she's had this problem and we've had her for 2 years. Our other dog doesn't have it. I managed to chase her down in the yard and spray her enough to get the flies off (I'm sure if any neighbors were watching it was quite commical since she HATES water and I almost tripped twice lol) but I'm going to feel bad letting her out again until I find something :/

Quoting zolanmel:

Never had that problem...

MrsJHoward
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:21 PM
This is what I was going to say

Quoting LoveMyLos:

go to a livestock store like country max or tractor supply plus. go to the horse section and get some fly spray. spray it on when they go out. problem solved. lol

or gooogle or youtube on how to make your own, but the store bought is better in my opinion.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I'll have to order some, I used the last we had last week... 

Quoting mamaclairbear:

After their bath but some skin so soft in water and rinse them with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2012 at 6:23 PM

She doesn't smell. She actually just had a bath 2 days ago too... We don't have any of those stores around us, we have Walmart and Dillions. I love living in the middle of absolutely no where (sarcasm)

Quoting LoveMyLos:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Flies are all over my dogs too, they aren't smelly or have anything wrong with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)