Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

So am I being a biotch? Or is this rude?

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:42 PM
  • 123 Replies

My brother is getting married this Friday, at the beach. It is about a 4 hour drive from where our family lives. At first he had asked immediate family for both families to come and everyone was going to be staying at the same hotel.

However, his fiance started inviting friends of hers and now they are all renting a house separate from the family members, after the ceremony on the beach everyone is to go to their rental property for quick cake and wine.. than they are making all the family leave so they (my brother his wife and her friends) can party at the rental house. I could understand if it was just them spending the rest of the day together but its people who at first weren't even supposed to be attending. (they are having a reception near home in June for everyone who was not able to travel and for gifts)

Is this rude? Or is it normal? Their wedding has been very cheap for them and very expensive for everyone who is going. I just wanted to see everyone Else's POV because maybe its just me who thinks what they are doing is somewhat rude?

I <3 Hayden A. Miller

by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytoeandb
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:44 PM
Seems a bit rude to me. Weird.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tazdvl
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:44 PM
1 mom liked this

That is rude.

lyingangel
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Thank you because I was starting to think I was the only one who found this somewhat rude.

I <3 Hayden A. Miller

StephG718
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:45 PM
4 moms liked this

I think its rude to kick the family out so just the friends can celebrate. What is their reasoning behind it?

kattu
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM
9 moms liked this
I probably would end up not attending if that was the case.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
snapple_180
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:46 PM
Rude as hell what about his friend/family that he would like there?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:47 PM
I think it's rude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PestPatti
by on May. 14, 2012 at 6:48 PM
3 moms liked this

It's their wedding.  

sheramom4
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM

In my family we believe family first, although we have a couple of friends who my mom has "adopted" as her own (known them for over a decade) and they are part of our family, so this would be considered ride and unacceptable, especially when the family is spending money on the trip.....I would probably reconsider attending. Of course, my mom would bring the hammer down (and yes we are all adults) if something like this was happening.....and if she couldn't, my brother would....

baquick
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM
It sounds rude to me :-/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)