Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh...I'm so mad!!!

Posted by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:13 PM
  • 10 Replies
My son is in the 8th grade. They go to a private school that makes a big to do about 8th grade graduation. We have known the date of graduation since the first day of school. I just found out today that my dad won't be there...he has a work thing, that is obviously more important than his oldest grandchild's graduation. Now before y'all say that it's work, blah blah blah...my dad is the "big boss" of his company, he makes his own schedule, and he has known about this since August. I am beyond pissed. What grandparent misses something like that?!? They live 15 minutes from us, so it's not like it's a big trip or anything. My 81 and 82 year old grandparents that live 2 hours away (my dads parents) will be there. My mom that lives 2 hours away will be there. But for some reason my dad doesn't think it's important enough to be there. Zach is trying to play it cool (like a typical 14 year old ), but I can see that he is devastated. My stepmom is the one that told me he won't be there...should I tell him how upset I (and Zach) am, or should I just let it go? And I just got off the phone with my grandparents, and they are PISSED that their son could do such a thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kiddycat73
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I guess this isn't enough drama, but some input would be nice...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on May. 14, 2012 at 10:21 PM
8th grade is technically not a graduation so I wouldn't say it's a big deal but it's obviously a big deal to you. Just ask him if he can move some stuff around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 14, 2012 at 10:22 PM
I would let your dad know - but then just go to your sons graduation & enjoy the ceremony.
kiddycat73
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Technically it's not, but our school makes a big deal of it and he knows that...my brother went there, and 15 years ago it was the same. He was so excited that my kids are going to the same school my brother did, and yet he hasn't shown up for anything important. This was just the first big thing...my middle DD was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society last week, and he failed to show for that too. I'm just getting sick of his lack of attention to his only grandchildren. They are growing up and he is missing it.

Quoting bmw29:

8th grade is technically not a graduation so I wouldn't say it's a big deal but it's obviously a big deal to you. Just ask him if he can move some stuff around.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Renee47
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Yicks! That is so sad!

Lostinindy
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2012 at 10:35 PM
2 moms liked this
He's already showed you he doesn't care about it. I would just move on and celebrate with the people that want to be there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicole0788
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Not that your sons graduation isn't important, but it's not like he's graduating from high school or college. Just because the school makes it a big thing doesn't mean that it is. He doesn't have to be at EVERY event. That's your job as the parent, not his. It's not something that I would be upset about, but that's just me.

PEEK05
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I agree with this completely.

Quoting nicole0788:

Not that your sons graduation isn't important, but it's not like he's graduating from high school or college. Just because the school makes it a big thing doesn't mean that it is. He doesn't have to be at EVERY event. That's your job as the parent, not his. It's not something that I would be upset about, but that's just me.

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Quoting PEEK05:

I agree with this completely.

Quoting nicole0788:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SouthernBellee
by on May. 14, 2012 at 10:41 PM

For some people it may not be a big deal but you for it is so that's what matters. I think you should tell your dad how you and your son feel. Almost everything my kids do is a big deal..lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)