Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i hate that name

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Ezra! That is the name my sister has picked out for her son. Now am trying to talk her out of it. Am sorry but that is not a name you give to a kid that is going to be a "country " boy. We all have "basic" southern/simple names. Lily Jo is her DD name, her and hubs have "simple" names too. I just feel if she names him Ezra he is going to get picked on around here and people are going to have a hard time saying it. She use to hate in school when people said her name wrong.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Ezra, sounds very girly. But I have never herad the name before so maybe I just don't know its a boys name? I like strong, manly sounding names. I can't see a grown man named Ezra unless he is on stange on queen's night....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Her name is Hali and all throw school and things they said her name wronf, idk why.

Quoting poietes:

This is what I was thinking. I also dont understand why it would be so hard to pronounce. Pretty simple actually.

Quoting s.adams83:

It's sounds country to me, I from MS and I could see that being a country boy's name.  

jshalas89
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Sounds girly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffstud
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 12:40 AM
Me too

Quoting WaitingOnPeanut:

I kinda like it, it's different.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I would just let it be honestly...

lovelife350
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 12:42 AM

is she naming it after a pretty little liar character ??

masonsmommy107
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 12:43 AM
Her baby her choice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angie729
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 12:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Same here. I can picture a cute little boy in overalls out playing in the dirt catching fireflys.

Quoting s.adams83:

It's sounds country to me, I from MS and I could see that being a country boy's name.  

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Eh, my friend has a little boy named Ezra. I don't see a problem with it.

LucyHarper
by on May. 15, 2012 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this

It's her child and that is really a normal name and you need to mind your own. Simple country name? It's in the Bible, how much more simple country can you get. It's not hard to say at all and I hardly doubt he will be teased for it. What lovely names did you gift your kids with that are so much better then Ezra? It's actually a pretty common name, I live a in a small traditional town, lots of simple names, and there are four Ezra's, none get teased. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured