Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Look it's a white doctor..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies

While at the doctors office with dh and ds this is what I thought I heard him say to our son. I was like WTF. This doesn't sound like dh at all. I didn't want to cause a scene so I let it go. Fast forward, we were at our apartment parking lot and I brought it up. He said "white coat". I don't know how i heard that wrong but so glad I heard it wrong and he didn't actually say that . Btw, the nurse who saw me previously was black so I thought that maybe he wasn't saying it because of that. Dh is not racist so I was so astounded. Yes, this would sound racist to me.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 2:52 AM
Regardless of what race you are, one cannot be racist to or against white people. One can be prejudiced against whites, but prejudice and racism are not the same thing.
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

Regardless of what race you are, one cannot be racist to or against white people. One can be prejudiced against whites, but prejudice and racism are not the same thing.

Well that's nice and convenient for people who are racist. Now they can come right out and be racist against white people and have someone like you say that their actions and attitude don't even exist!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 3:05 AM
2 moms liked this

Yeah really, like wtf, I don't understand the statement at all. How is that so that you can not be racist toward white but you can be towards any other race?

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Quoting Anonymous:

Well that's nice and convenient for people who are racist. Now they can come right out and be racist against white people and have someone like you say that their actions and attitude don't even exist!

bchic24
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:07 AM
1 mom liked this

That's dumb....being racist is disliking someone because of their race/color...so people don't dislike people who are white? C'mon ladies let's use our heads for more than a hat rack....

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Quoting Nicoleb9:

Racism is a system of oppression enforced against, now and in America's past, People of Color. PoC do not have the power to enforce widespread prejudice and discrimination against someone who is white; therefore they cannot be racist. However, they can be prejudiced against white people.
pookah1203
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:08 AM
Are you kidding me?! That is one of the most absurd pieces of bullshit ive ever heard! You can most certainly be racist against caucasions. Racist is merely hating someone because of their race. Good lord. Please dont tell you pass this "information" to other generations.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 3:10 AM
Quoting pookah1203:

I do, and gladly.
pookah1203
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Youre an idiot, for perpetuating falsehoods.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting pookah1203:

I do, and gladly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on May. 15, 2012 at 3:11 AM
Last I checked, white was a color. WTF would you call a white crayon? A colorless stick?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Racism is a system of oppression enforced against, now and in America's past, People of Color. PoC do not have the power to enforce widespread prejudice and discrimination against someone who is white; therefore they cannot be racist. However, they can be prejudiced against white people.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 3:11 AM
That is one of the biggest lines of BS I have ever read.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured