Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Look it's a white doctor..

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

While at the doctors office with dh and ds this is what I thought I heard him say to our son. I was like WTF. This doesn't sound like dh at all. I didn't want to cause a scene so I let it go. Fast forward, we were at our apartment parking lot and I brought it up. He said "white coat". I don't know how i heard that wrong but so glad I heard it wrong and he didn't actually say that . Btw, the nurse who saw me previously was black so I thought that maybe he wasn't saying it because of that. Dh is not racist so I was so astounded. Yes, this would sound racist to me.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 2:49 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2012 at 3:32 AM
Quoting LucyMom08:

Haha, wow, you are interesting. Do you wear a tin foil hat as well? Since everyone is out to get you, and all...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LucyMom08:

Oh, you mean in the dictionary? The one who changes every year? That one who used to refer to trans*genderism as a mental disease and defined a "n****r" was "dirty / low / BLACK PERSON" ?

The dictionary is not the end-all and be-all of knowledge. It is malleable, and has been before used as a tool to oppress people.

LOL no

Siannashell
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:34 AM
Quoting LucyMom08:

All races set aside. Black nor white are colors in the crayon world lol. And I was thinking that before I seen your post but it just fit so perfectly when in seen this lol.
lovelove211
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:35 AM
Glad you heard wrong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:41 AM
You are off your rocker.

You're saying that it's not possible for anyone, anywhere at any time to be racist towards white people because they aren't currently being systematically oppressed in the united states?

Think about that for a minute.

And you don't follow the definition of racism in the dictionary, so where do you come up with your definition?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LucyMom08:

The Irish were treated horribly, too, for a while. But they're not discriminated against anymore on a system-wide level.

And misogyny / patriarchy can overlap with racism if on is a woman of color, but a white woman still has it better than a Black woman, even if only slightly. Interaectionality exists, yes, but a Black woman experiences sexism in combined with racism.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pookah1203
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:42 AM
Awww. You think that offends me. No. It doesnt. I know firsthand they can, but hey, what do i know? Im only white.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting pookah1203:

And you're an idiot for believing that white people can experience systemized oppression the same way "minorities" do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 15, 2012 at 3:44 AM
How would you feel if someone bragged about how she was a proud, strong, confident white woman?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting pookah1203:

And you're an idiot for believing that white people can experience systemized oppression the same way "minorities" do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2012 at 3:44 AM

I don't know about foreign countries, but in the United States, yes, no PoC or group of PoC has the power, political or personal, to be racist against a white person or a group of white people.

"My" definition comes from actually listening to (and not ignoring, or silencing) people of color from many different communities and states. I'd add links to read more, but you people probably wouldn't even bother to click them.

Quoting 504bbymami:

You are off your rocker.

You're saying that it's not possible for anyone, anywhere at any time to be racist towards white people because they aren't currently being systematically oppressed in the united states?

Think about that for a minute.

And you don't follow the definition of racism in the dictionary, so where do you come up with your definition?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting LucyMom08:

The Irish were treated horribly, too, for a while. But they're not discriminated against anymore on a system-wide level.

And misogyny / patriarchy can overlap with racism if on is a woman of color, but a white woman still has it better than a Black woman, even if only slightly. Interaectionality exists, yes, but a Black woman experiences sexism in combined with racism.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:45 AM
Holy shit. I've seen your exact line used in the comments section of Yahoo articles dealing with race. Come to think of it, those exact words are on YouTube as well. You must have a fetish for this stuff.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Racism is a system of oppression enforced against, now and in America's past, People of Color. PoC do not have the power to enforce widespread prejudice and discrimination against someone who is white; therefore they cannot be racist. However, they can be prejudiced against white people.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GraceHudson
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:47 AM
bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 15, 2012 at 3:48 AM

bullshit, I have seen white people discriminated against and have seen people prejudice against whites as well

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Nicoleb9:

Racism is a system of oppression enforced against, now and in America's past, People of Color. PoC do not have the power to enforce widespread prejudice and discrimination against someone who is white; therefore they cannot be racist. However, they can be prejudiced against white people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)