Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My boys start daycare to day...

and I am a nervous wreck. I knew it was coming because my classes are daytime classes now, but I am so not lookoing forward to it. Ugh...

I also know it will be good for them..they need some more structure. I just hate not being at home with them :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:29 AM
Replies (11-20):
UnIdentiFiedOne
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:16 AM
I cant imagine how hard it has to be for single parents. Glad you are getting more time with them :)

Quoting epoh:

I'm single so when my kids went they attended from 715-5, usually. Sometimes I worked from open to close.

When I got laid off it made a huge difference in my kids' behaviors. My son stopped having night terrors within a week after. He used to wake up and cry for almost 2 hours and nothing I did would settle him. He started sleeping through the night within 2 weeks after, and started taking steps within a month. Some of it may just have been coincidental, but I'm mostly convinced that being away from the stressful environment and having more one on one time helped improve a lot of things.

It's okay mama. We do what we have to do for our families and that's what is most important.

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

I'm lucky that we've been able to work out them only going part time for a while...two days a week for now. It is just hard because I've been home with them since birth :(

Quoting epoh:

It's hard, I know. I'm so glad my children won't have to go to daycare anymore. The 10+ hr days are rough on kids. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Good luck!  And today is one word.

epoh
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Me too! Their grandma is watching them once I start school so I know they'll be getting the quality attention they need. Not to mention the savings to my bank account. -_-

Good luck mama. You'll all adjust!

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

I cant imagine how hard it has to be for single parents. Glad you are getting more time with them :)

Quoting epoh:

I'm single so when my kids went they attended from 715-5, usually. Sometimes I worked from open to close.

When I got laid off it made a huge difference in my kids' behaviors. My son stopped having night terrors within a week after. He used to wake up and cry for almost 2 hours and nothing I did would settle him. He started sleeping through the night within 2 weeks after, and started taking steps within a month. Some of it may just have been coincidental, but I'm mostly convinced that being away from the stressful environment and having more one on one time helped improve a lot of things.

It's okay mama. We do what we have to do for our families and that's what is most important.

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

I'm lucky that we've been able to work out them only going part time for a while...two days a week for now. It is just hard because I've been home with them since birth :(

Quoting epoh:

It's hard, I know. I'm so glad my children won't have to go to daycare anymore. The 10+ hr days are rough on kids. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UnIdentiFiedOne
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:31 AM
Thanks...and that's the last thing I'm concerned about right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good luck!  And today is one word.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjCeCeMom
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 7:33 AM
As they'll love it. My kids started a few weeks ago and they have a ball.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wolvesfire
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Best of luck to everyone.  What classes are you taking and what's your major?  Anything you are looking forward to this quarter (if your school is still on quarters) or semester?

UnIdentiFiedOne
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:15 AM
I just started the A.S. Radiography program at my school. Looking forward most to clinicals :)

Quoting wolvesfire:

Best of luck to everyone.  What classes are you taking and what's your major?  Anything you are looking forward to this quarter (if your school is still on quarters) or semester?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bearspea
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:16 AM
I'm sorry, momma! I've been there. I'm sure they'll do great. I hope you all have a good day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UnIdentiFiedOne
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM
I called to check up on them (I'm not "that" mom, but its their first day!) and they said they're doing fine. Yay!

Quoting bearspea:

I'm sorry, momma! I've been there. I'm sure they'll do great. I hope you all have a good day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bearspea
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Hooray hooray!!!!

Quoting UnIdentiFiedOne:

I called to check up on them (I'm not "that" mom, but its their first day!) and they said they're doing fine. Yay!

Quoting bearspea:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured