Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I found out the new guy I'm dating got arrested after we began dating :(

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My head is spinning right now after finding out that they guy I've been dating for over a month now was arrested for domestic disorderly and domestic vandalism and come to find out it happened after our second date. I can understand his apprehension about telling me but WTF. A friend showed me the online court record so I called him up and asked what the hell was going on. He told me that his ex-girlfriend had come to his place three weeks ago and they got into an argument and his neighbors called the police. He told me he was sorry and that he didn't know how to tell me because of how bad it looked. There wasn't any assault charges but still. We talk often and see each other every weekend and one night during the week. I have a hard time trusting people and this has totally crushed me. I'm just looking for advice.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Replies (21-27):
DissieDothe
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Find out who his ex-girlfriend is. Find out who her friends are. Talk to them (friends) - they will tell you everything that your friend is already telling you.

I'm sure that he had girlfriends before his current ex ... You might want to talk to them too!   

If you're in over your head see a counselor.

Lauren0305
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I know everybody is telling you to leave him but disorderly conduct is really not much of a charge it's a class c misdemeanor and all it really means is he was arguing to loudly and the neighbors didn't like it. Happens to people all the time.

MamaLub
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 7:13 PM
HE sounds like drama
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Pagan.
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:16 PM

ask him to get a copy f the police report for you to read. this way you get what the cops saw and heard and if he wont give it to you then just leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 15, 2012 at 7:17 PM

You don't get arrested for having an argument...

andreahm
by on May. 15, 2012 at 7:17 PM

If the police charged him, then he did something. Likely you will be next either while in the relationship or after breaking up just like this other poor girl. Hes grooming you.  

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 16, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN