Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel really bad about the way I treated my DD this morning...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

So I havent had enough sleep in a year. Let me put it this way: I have not had 4 hours straight of sleep in over a year and havent slept past 7 am in a year. So Im really tired. Well my DD has nasal issues with seasonal allergies and last night she was up a lot because her nose was stuffy. So Im exhausted. This morning she was being super clingy and I just was not being the mom I know she needed me to be. She's a year old and she often hits me, kicks me, scratches, etc simply because she flails her limbs around (she's a toddler, ya know?) well she cocked me really good in the nose while we were laying in bed and it just set me off. I put her down on the ground and just walked away. I just didnt want to be touched anymore. I had been touched ALL night, and she nursed practically ALL night bc she wasnt feeling good. Well, when I sat her down she cried bc she wanted to be held and I just let her cry for a few minutes. I just walked away and she was crying. And I was mad that she had hit me in the nose. So, I realize that its not the end of the world that I let her cry for a couple minutes, but its how my heart felt that makes me regret it so much. My heart was angry. Angry at a 1 yr old for knocking me in the nose with her foot. Like in my head I was saying, "Ok, you can just sit there and cry bc I can not take you touching me right now. Youre just gonna have to cry for a minute. So get over it."

And now I feel really badly about it. Im going to be very conscious of when Im thinking mean things and try my very hardest to cool off before it gets to be too much again. Any one relate to what Im going through?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tifbrown
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:51 PM
3 moms liked this
Honestly, you did the best thing for the situation. Sometimes it is better to walk away and take a break than stay in the situation and get further frustrated. It gave you a break and her a moment to realize mom needs space. Your thought was normal, I think everyone has been there. You didn't hurt her and it was not your intent. She needs to learn space and boundaries, even at a young age. She may not have understood now, but as she gets older it will sink in. Breath, take time for yourself when you can and relax. You're doing fine :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lv_my_babies
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2012 at 1:53 PM
2 moms liked this

I've been there before, its ok mama! *Hugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2012 at 1:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I really needed to hear that. Thank you.

Quoting tifbrown:

Honestly, you did the best thing for the situation. Sometimes it is better to walk away and take a break than stay in the situation and get further frustrated. It gave you a break and her a moment to realize mom needs space. Your thought was normal, I think everyone has been there. You didn't hurt her and it was not your intent. She needs to learn space and boundaries, even at a young age. She may not have understood now, but as she gets older it will sink in. Breath, take time for yourself when you can and relax. You're doing fine :)

CrazyLife1996
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Its OK mamma. You made a good decision to take a minute. Don't feel so bad we all walk away to breath for a minute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashleeduhh
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Been there many times. Usually I just put her in the crib, turn the mobile on and go sit for a few alone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tarakay0417
by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Its better to just walk away and let her cry for a few minutes while you cool off than it is for you to take your frustration out on her. I have been there before. When my DS was that age, he kept kicking me when I was getting him out of the bath tub and I kept telling him no, finally he kicked me again and I had enough, I put his diaper on him and I put him in his crib. I was so frustrated that a flash of me just hitting him went through my mind. I felt awful that I cried for about 10 minutes before I got him out of his crib. Being a parent is hard at times. But its ALWAYS better to just walk away and let them cry than it is to hurt them.

mrimom
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:06 PM
We have all been there before. You did what you needed to do and your daughter is fine. Sometimes we just get tired, touched out and crabby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured