Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't see us getting married...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

and in a way I'm OK with that. We have been engaged for nearly a year .. together for nearly three. We have a beautiful DD together. But I just can't see us getting married. Earlier this year I put together wedding ideas .. simple wedding with a simple dress. We obviously wouldn't get married until some time next year. But when I sat back and looked at our relationship .. I can't see it coming together and happening so I threw everything away that I had clipped, copied and written. 

I'm comfortable in our relationship .. I love him with all my heart. I do and would do anything and everything for him. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on May. 15, 2012 at 2:37 PM
2 moms liked this
That is totally cool. My husband's parents have been together for 28 something years. They are not married... share a house... and have 4 kids together. Do you! =)
Mcelly
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Just go to the court house and do it. Don't worry about a dress, or a party. Planning a wedding is very stressful, but marriage is important.
lucky35
by Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM
1 mom liked this

hey whatever you feel is comfortable for the both of you is great.  My opinon why should people get married, its just a piece of paper.  if you are doing things as a family and husband and wife and not married hey keep up the good work.  marriage is so overrated. lol.  and yes i was married and happily divorced now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Courthouse .. beach .. park .. someones back yard ...... I just don't see it happening period. We are comfortable in our situation .. we're happy. Marriage is only a piece of paper to a point with me .. the only thing he has mentioned about getting married is that it won't be a in a church and we should do it in a courthouse. Whatever. I don't care really. There are just unresolved issues with him that he needs to take care of .. and don't get me started with money and jobs with him. 

slashteddy
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:53 PM

Really, marriage isn't that important. If someone NEEDS a piece of paper and a ring to prove their commitment to one another, I just can't understand it.

However, there are the marriage benefits. :P Tax returns, for one. Also, gods forbid, but if something were to happen to either of you, hospital staff is much more likely to let you into the room if you are his wife than his "girlfriend." For some reason that piece of paper reeeaaalllly smooths some situations along. *sigh*

But if both you and your SO are comfortable where you're at now, don't worry about rushing. :) And marriage isn't for everybody, so don't let it get you down if people insist you tie the knot regardless. Just do what you're comfortable with and that's all that matters!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I'm talking with a legal friend of mine about what type of papers we can put together for the time being if something does happen that either of us can make whatever decisions that need to be ... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured