Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for working mamas only..please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
I dont want this to turn into a big SAHM vs WORKING mama thing. I would onky like the working mamas to answer please.

But my baby is 4 months old. I spent the first two months with her but unfortunetly i have a full time career and had to return to work. His mother watches her during the day.
My question to you.. is when you returned back to work did it feel like the bond with your baby lessened at all. I feel like she clings to his mother now more than me. She seems to get more excited when she sees her in the morning then when i get home from work.
Its a horrible feeling:( anyone else go thru something similar??
Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Bump!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2012 at 1:58 PM
I'm a sahm and my daughter still clings to my mil
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 1:58 PM
2 moms liked this

come join the full time workin mamas group, where you will never be bashed for working!

FL2AK
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:00 PM
I stayed at home with each of mine until they were 2. I never felt guilty for returning to work or felt that my children bonded too much with their caregiver. They are older now and I have a very strong bond with each of my children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 15, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Didnt know they had one. I will definitly join.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

come join the full time workin mamas group, where you will never be bashed for working!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 15, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
If you were an infant would you cling to the person that you spent virtually all of your waking hours with or someone you rarely see? It's natural for her to prefer your mother.
LucyHarper
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:01 PM

No, I never felt like our bond lessened, he likes his sitter, but I always get a screaming "mama!" when I walk in the door, though maybe since shes so young shes just going to whomever she is used to being with during the day, she'll understand more when shes older, just be sure to make the time you can spend with her count.

casah4
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:02 PM
2 moms liked this

I just want to offer you ((HUGS))

CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Naw. My girls are really happy to see me, but I'm also real happy to see them as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trae36
by on May. 15, 2012 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel. I had to go back to work after two months and although we were fortunate enough that dad got to stay home with her for the entire first year I did feel like her bond with him was stronger but now that she is 2 and can actually communicate I see now it was just my own guilt and paranoia talking. I come home from work and she runs to me, hugs me, tells me she misses me, and I know our bond is stronger than ever. We recently went through a phase where she started crying and telling me to stop leaving her but even that has stopped. Hang in there it does get better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)