Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

On my lunch break, I called the cops on someone for this....

Posted by   + Show Post

If this was you riding around with your daughter on your lap unrestrained, I hope you lose your kid you dumbass fuckface.

ETA: She looked to be about 4...maybe an older 3.

by on May. 15, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Replies (121-123):
themissheather
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Maybe better wasn't the right word to use.  I live in a small city where is a very mixed demographic of business professionals, misbehaving college kids, and the occasional shooting.  Toss two regional hospitals with major trauma centers into the mix and I just feel the cops might already have their hands full. 

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I don't know what is better than keeping children safe.  That seems like a priority to me.

Quoting themissheather:

I agree with you, but the cops have better things to do here.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Quoting kattu:

How could they sue the company? I thought when lights are out you are supposed to act like they are a stop sign? Those poor kids though.

Quoting Anonymous:

......WOW. This reminds me of a story awhile back that happened near where I work. There were about 15 people in a suburban going to the beach the lights were out at an intersection by out I mean not blinking or anything. ALL the toddlers I believe there were 3 or 4 were riding in the laps of adults with no seatbelts. And they ended up running the light and hit someone else who also ran the light. All the babies were flown from the car and all died. Now they are suing the light company since they had no signs up (they turned them off to do construction) and the car company for not having enough seatbelts. Makes me sick. AMEN to you! Had someone called those other asshats in to the police maybe those babies would still be here.

Yes you are suppose to but the problem is they shut off power with no warning the lights weren't flashing or anything, legally if they are the ones that physically shut off power they have to notify the police (not sure if they did) and also put up stop signs for stupid people. It is alot like companies getting sued because they didn't have a warning label on their products. It's stupid and It shouldnt be allowed. And the dumber thing is the parents didnt get ticketed because there is a loophole in the law that says seatbelts aren't required if their arent enough to go around. I was soo furious when I found that out. The cop I was talking to was in tears over this he said it was the worst accident he has ever seen and if it were up to him all adults involved would be in jail. They killed their kids and got away with it.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 15, 2012 at 6:20 PM

I would do the same

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured