Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Jealous of Women With Helpful Hubands...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
I work full time and my hubby is self employed but with our kids while I'm at work (he works 2-3nights a week). I'm still the one that cooks, cleans, pays all the bills, organizes any get togethers, makes all the appts and grocery shops. Pretty much everything.
While I appreciate that he keeps our children alive while I'm at work, I need help!! He sits on his ass all day on FB and other random sites! He does not take our children anywhere during the day, when I get home is when they play outside.
I'm truly jealous of you women that have men that are happy to contribute and help around the house and with the children.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cocoroo
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:11 PM
I wouldn't put up with a man that didn't help out some.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on May. 15, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't have a man in my home.

I found it much more frustrating to live with someone that does nothing than it is to simply do it myself without ever expecting anything from someone else. It's easier alone.

That's not advice though. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lostinindy
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this
It's only because you have allowed it to be that way. Stand up and change it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gotnothinonme
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I'm sorry, have you talked to him about it? (I would presume you have, but sometimes we don't discuss the things bothering us the most)

khrisna1978
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Me 2 !!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I don't understand posts like this, I mean that's totally crappy that your husband doesn't help you and I am very sorry for that.  But did you know what he was like when you married him? After a crap head boyfriend and a selfish fiance (that I never married....wonder why?)  I decided I needed to set my standards higher.  So I didn't settle until I found the right man: great father, very responsible, works hard, and steps up to clean.  None of that has changed since we've been married either. I saw the way he kept his house and his things and realized that he was someone I could be with.  (Oh and I love him to death, that too lol)

Jessiejem
by on May. 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM

You better get on his ass about that , not cool!

cklamour
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM
3 moms liked this
I'm jealous of women that have husbands 😜 LOL❕
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyce225
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM

My Dh works from 7:30-3:30, when he comes home he does just about everything.  I cook but he does the dishes, takes the kids out to play some or works in the garden, gives the kids a bath, dresses them and puts them to bed.  He will bring up all of the laundry from the basement and put the clothes away.  He is awesome!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM

Have you tried making a list for him? At first, you could put at the end of the list *get oral sex if done* ha ha. I'd also stop cleaning and stop cooking for him until he shapes up and helps out. Do you even say anything?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)