Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

autism is it real

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Or just another excuse for children not to use their manners?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM
Totally agree its over diagnoised but also very real. There's no doubt it exsist but it can also be used an excuss for "normal" with behavorial issues.
dommad2
by Gold Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this
It is very real, my nephew has Aspergers! I want someone not Anon to say its not real!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM
3 moms liked this

There is no medication for autism, genius. There are medications to deal with some of the symptoms, but mostly treatment involves extensive therapy.

Quoting Anonymous:

and let me guess...hes on meds?

Quoting sunfireprincess:

That's crap my son went through hours of testing before he was diagnosed

Quoting Anonymous:

It's a bullshit excuse for bad parenting!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Don't let any of this bother you. The whole post is either for shock value to rile people up or the OP is extremely uneducated on the subject. 

Quoting sunfireprincess:

This post is insulting with all of the daily struggles I have with my son on everything!!!!!!

Kenre
by Platinum Member on May. 15, 2012 at 5:02 PM
It is real. They can be taught to have manners, most of the time. Most high functioning Autistic kids do have manners. I know NT kids who are worse in a lot of cases.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2012 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

My 5 year old is the same way, everyone who sees him LOVES him, compliments him, he is sweet, loving, and behaves... He is not medicated, and is aspergers.

Quoting ZsMommy:

My daughter is extremely polite-and I'm not saying this as a biased mom-but as the peron who gets complimented by teachers and strangers for her extreme manners...Oh yeah-and she's autistic.....

Anonymous

Is this degree of stupidity real or just someone being completely this insensitive real?

Anonymous
Autism is very real. If it was bad parenting, then myself and my 2 daughters would have it.
Anonymous

My son IS autistic and he has excellent manners. Don't be a douchebag. There are varying levels of autistic children. There are children who cannot speak, who rock back and forth, who scream when touched or overstimulated, who are not potty trained. Then there are autistic children who have sensory motor issues which cause migraines when exposed to long periods of loud noises, who may do an ocassional high pitched screech, and do not relate well to children their own age.

An actual diagnosis of autism from a PROFESSIONAL is not an excuse. However, these children can indeed still be taught if their parents and educators stay consistent.

sunfireprincess
by on May. 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM
I hope the op is a troll.. Otherwise she is an idiot

Quoting Anonymous:

Don't let any of this bother you. The whole post is either for shock value to rile people up or the OP is extremely uneducated on the subject. 

Quoting sunfireprincess:

This post is insulting with all of the daily struggles I have with my son on everything!!!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured